Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Bojacker's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, March 19th, 2017 6:30 PM

How to change email password on my iphone6

I changed password on my desktop, but have no clue how to do so on my iphone 6.  I stay signed in and it says my account is yahoo.  I can not find any way to change or put in a pass code.  I read somewhere that I will have to delete my account and add back a new one then put in password.  I'm leery about doing this afraid of losing everything.  The att store where I purchased my phone originally set it up for me.  Does anyone know what to do or do I have to go back to the At&T store?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

Open settings, go to mail, accounts, yahoo,  > 

Delete yahoo account, then add back with new password.

You will not lose anything as none of it is stored on your phone, it's all on yahoo servers

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Though the above will work, you don't have to do it that way. If you access email and get rejected because the stored password does not match, you will be prompted to enter your new password.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I did read that somewhere but was afraid I'd lose everything. Thank you for confirmation.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Well this is strange  I went to Yahoo account on my iphone to add new account and it had me to sign in and when I signed in using new password it worked.  Said I already had account.  I then checked my desktop ATT email and I had confirmation of signing in on iphone.  I have always known ATT and Yahoo are connected but this simply amazed me.  Thanks to all for assisting me today.  I really appreciate all the help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Thanks that was very help full 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have an ameritech.net email address and although I can receive email on my Iphone 6, I cannot send.  It keeps telling me my username or password is incorrect and it is not.  I tried deleting my account on my phone and recreating email account, I also created a new password.  Everything works fine on my computer with the new password, but I still cannot send email from my IPhone 6S.  Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

change email on desktop

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.