For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
runbei's profile

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2024 3:56 AM

Help unlocking cellular on my iPad Pro 2nd Gen

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 2nd Gen, and I'd like to set up cellular service. However, Settings > General > Carrier states "AT&T 58.0" I have tried completely erasing and resetting the iPad, but the setting persists. I need to unlock it so I can use cellular service with another carrier. A common suggestion is to contact AT&T, but from various sources that may not be helpful. Please, any suggestions? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 days ago

🤦🏼‍♀️

Unfortunately you have been given incorrect information. Your iPad is not locked. If you go through the unlock portal you will receive message back saying your iPad is not locked. And it's still will not add the carrier reveal program allowing you to use the ESIM with any other service provider 

You can view previous request to further understand the difference between unlocking the iPad and  carrier visibility 

https://forums.att.com/conversations/apple/carrier-visibility-carrier-reveal-request-for-2021-ipad-pro-11/654319caed6510181839ada6

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

10 days ago

Thanks to all. I used the AT&T automated unlock service here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/. It worked beautifully. Once you complete the form you are directed to the manufacturer's (Apple) website with instructions for resetting the iPhone or iPad in three cases - with eSIM, with physical SIM, or without SIM (requires backing up the device to iCloud, then erasing all data and apps, and finally restoring from iCloud.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 days ago

The physical sim slot on the iPad is not locked You can use that. If you wish to use the ESIM you have to have AT&T enable the carrier reveal program on that iPad.   It is not a carrier lock, and if you try to unlock it it will fail and it will tell you it is already unlocked. 

You will have to call AT&T and ask for the carrier reveal program. The iPad has to be completely paid off before AT&T will enable that function 

3 Messages

10 days ago

Thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.