Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
LadiiSavage86's profile

1 Message

Saturday, May 25th, 2024 11:20 PM

Hackers

If you are an AT&T customer and have an iPhone or any phone for that matter please be aware of hackers hacking your phone after stealing it and changing all your information on it. See what I learned today, that hackers are real. When you go to the police station and make a report about your phone being stolen and you give them all the information that you had in your phone and they come back and tell you that yep your phone was hacked because we can't get in it nor locate it from their own devices. Then you go to the AT&T store and try to get your phone turned off and blacklisted and it's another issue. Why is it an issue? Because you can no longer give them any information that they're asking for to even getting your account because all the information has been changed. Then they want to blame the customer for not taking enough security measures like hacking don't exist. Oh, but they want their money on time no matter how you got to pay them or they'll cut your phone off willingly and don't need any information to do that. What I am learning more and more a lot of these businesses is that money is that language not the customer. See, they need the customers to bring the money in order to stay in business, but don't won't do do right by the customers when they need help all because they can't provide you with the information you're needing due to their phone being hacked. Even though your phone been stolen and hacked, baby, don't be late on that phone bill because they going to shut that phone off faster than the speed of lightning. See, all I was asking for was to have the phone turned off and blacklisted. I was told by AT&T that they could not do that because I couldn't give them my old information due to being hacked. I even had a police report. You think that mattered? No! But guess what, they will sure turn their phone off faster than the speed of lightning if you don't pay your phone bill. You all better be careful who you give me your money to because a lot of these businesses and organizations don't care about the customer and it's not what they can do for the customer but it's what the customer can do for them and keep money in their pocket to keep their business open. See AT&T won't help you if your phone been hacked and all you want to do is have it turned off, blocked and blacklisted, but we should have take your money if your phone bill not paid. Why do you think when you tell them, "Oh forget this I'm going to take my business elsewhere," they want to come up with more ways to make your bill cheaper, promotions and all the extra unnecessary stuff? Because they want to keep getting your money and putting you debt so they can stay in business. Do your best to protect yourself from these hacking people because they have a million ways to screw you over and it's going to be left up to you to solve your own problem. Please don't look for AT&T to help you because you going to be looking forever.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

22 days ago

That's not really a hack...

But people should always secure their phone with a screen lock. 

Screen locks and other user locks keep people from accessing your phone, which then means they have access to everything on the phone. 

Your cell phone account should have all of your information on it. Your name, your address, which could be supported by your photo ID. If you present yourself in person with your photo ID, they should be able to identify your account and suspend service and blacklist the phone.  

You are correct that you have to pay for the phone. It's not any service providers problem if your phone has been lost or stolen. It's entirely on the customer to secure their device.  It's on You to pay to replace it.  And you do still have to pay off the original stolen phone. 

If you have insurance, your photo ID should be sufficient to begin an insurance claim. There is a deductible.  

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

22 days ago

they need the customers to bring the money in order to stay in business

That’s how businesses work. Also, you’re twisting the process and what the consumers responsibilities are. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.