Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
muskiegirl's profile

1 Message

Sunday, November 26th, 2023 4:08 PM

"Free iWatch SE - or $329 off any other smartwatch" promo November 2023 - Promotion disappeared...

N

November 16th, 2023, I reached out to AT&T chat to cancel a phone line on my account.  We did not need the line anymore due to a death in the family.  The chat agent "Kevin" and I were on the chat for about an hour.  He said there was a promotion going on where I could get a "FREE" iWatch SE or $329 off any other smart watch with a line of service for $10 per month.  During our chat conversation, I also saw this promotion on my account online.  After Kevin provided all the information, I chose the iWatch 9 and was told that I would pay only about $5.00 per month ($170 total for the watch) on the installment plan for the watch vs. over $13.00 ($500.00 total for the watch).  By chance, I checked my account 11/25/2023 and noticed my installment plan on the watch was over $13.00 per month.  I called customer support in the morning of 11/25/23 and asked what happened, why was my installment plan so high?  The agent said that promotion was never available and the only promotion available was if I were to buy 2 watches, I'd receive $300 off.  We were on the phone for 47 minutes.  Not satisfied with the information provided, I asked for a supervisor.  Later in the day, I received a call from a supervisor.  He was able to view the transcript from the chat and it clearly states all the information on the "FREE iWatch or $329 off" but he couldn't send the transcript to me...still no help.  We were on the phone for 39 minutes. He said he would have the manager call me.  Later in the evening, I received a call from Eva who again said there was nothing they could do.  She offered me $80, but I still feel that is not enough due to the documentation of the chat where the agent Kevin clearly stated the promotion he saw at the time.  We were on the phone for 28 minutes.  Today, I am going to reach out to the customer retention department of AT&T and see what they can do but not doing anything is not an option.  I had no intention of getting an iWatch and did only because of the "FREE" iWatch SE or $329 off any other smart watch" promotion that has mysteriously disappeared. 

My complaint is about the promotion that I was promised, is now gone.  The bigger complaint is that AT&T is doing nothing about it and I was only offered something after I asked the "manager" if there was anything at all they would do about this issue.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue recently.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

6 months ago

Did you go to att.com and read how the promotion works?

It takes two to three months for the credits to kick in and then they are retroactively applied.

The offer is to buy two watches and you get $350 or $300 depending on which watch you have purchased off of one watch. You have to buy two lines of service, if you're converting one line, you only have to add one new line. Each watch line is $10 a month plus taxes

https://www.att.com/buy/wearables/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.