Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Krystledp1's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, October 15th, 2016 5:04 AM

FedEx said they delivered my package but didn't. Why do I have to provide a police report to att?

I never received my devices from att because fedex never delivered it. I have a proof of delivery but no actual devices from where they were supposed to deliver them. I was told to provide att with a copy of my license no problem, copy of card used no problem, but when they want a copy of the police report, how is that my problem? I'm the customer. I don't have the time to fool with all this stuff and that's not my responsibility. I can do it but it's att and fedex that need to get together and provide a police report in my opinion. What do I need to do to get my devices ASAP?? This is rediculous.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

Once fedex reports the package delivered, it becomes your property, therefore stolen from you, not from AT&T.  

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

It was stolen from YOUR porch, not from a FedEx truck. Therefore, you have to file the police report.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

But that still doesn't make sense because who is to say that fedex even delivered anything at all to my property. There is no proof other than the delivery guy and his proof of delivery that he writes up. It could have been my neighbors house he delivered it to. I see what you're saying. But that's assuming that the packages were even on my property. Right?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

How do you know if it was stolen from my porch, the fedex truck, or just simply not delivered and still reported it as so? There is no indication it was stolen or just not delivered at all but said that it was. Because where I live it doesn't get stolen like that.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

It boils down to your word against the driver's and FedEx sides with the driver. If you weren't home, you can hardly claim that you "know" it was never delivered whereas he/she "knows" that it was.

If they say no, there's nothing more you can do. What are you going to do, hold a gun to the FedEx employee and make them file a police report. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

We don't absolve ATT, trust me, we don't.  The last time I had phone delivered from Verizon, they required a signature.  I had to collect my Samsung GS3 from the FedEx hub the next day because no one was home to sign for it.  

ATT has got to require signatures, its the only way to prevent this.  Meanwhile - order from somewhere else.  Apple, Amazon, Best Buy or any other part of the alphabet that will send a package with secured delivery.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

No but I can sue them for negligence. Which is probably what I'll do. And yes I was at home when they said they delivered. Thanks for your smart comment. Of course I can't hold a gun to their heads but I can hold other things over their head. Prish.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

They both did what YOU paid for and agreed to. ATT shipped the phone, no signature required and FedEx was paid to drop it on your porch, no signature required. Not sure what you mean by negligence.

I'm not trying to be "smart". Just pointing out you are in a losing situation. Best thing for your blood pressure and sanity is to just file a police report. That is the quick and easy solution. Why do you want to go the difficult route?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

Things like this do happen.  A few months ago, I received an email notification from UPS that informed me they had just delivered a package I was expecting.  I was surprised at the email because, from where I was sitting in my dining room, I had a clear view of my entire front porch... no package.  I also have two dogs who are quite vocal about announcing package arrivals... not a peep out of them. 

I immediately called UPS and explained that I was home, porch was in full view, no package had been delivered.  UPS immediately contacted their driver and, within minutes, called me back to let me know the driver had delivered the package to the wrong address, and that the driver was enroute to retrieve the package and deliver it to my address.  Shortly thereafter, the package arrived, and I received a follow-up call from UPS to verify that all was well. 

Had I not been home at the time, and subscribed to receive delivery notifications from UPS, it's very likely that by the time I realized something had gone wrong, the outcome of my situation would not have had such a positive outcome.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I got it all taken care of no police report needed. I knew there had to be something that could be done bc I never agreed to them just leaving it. If there's a will there's a way. Thanks all. Especially to smarty for being negative and giving me the motivation to get what I needed. 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.