For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
THX1965's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Sunday, February 19th, 2017 7:44 PM

Closed

Device Unlock Error - AT&T says IMEI number doesn't match a compatible device

I can't unlock my iPhone 6 (which is out of contract) because AT&T claim the IMEI number dosn't match a compatible device. This is the error message that I have been getting 3 times in a row:

"Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn’t match a device that’s compatible with the AT&T network.

Check the IMEI number by dialing *#06#, or check the device settings, and then submit a new request."

This is of course nonsense, since I have been using my iPhone on the AT&T network for 2 years. I triple checked the IMEI number and it is correct. The device gives me the same correct number either when I look it up through device settings or when I dial *#06#.  This iPhone - purchased through Apple and activated through AT&T - was on a 2-year plan and is now paid off.

I really need to unlock this phone. Customer service can't or won't help. Why can't this issue not be fixed by a simple phone call?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Markus

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare I cannot unlock my iphone 8 plus and keep getting the response"Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn’t match a device that’s compatible with the AT&T network.

Check the IMEI number by dialing *#06#, or check the device settings, and then submit a new request." I need my device unlocked and need help please!

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I had the same issue. Paid 999 dollars for mine and basically what I found out is, the guy who gave me my phone when I went to pick it up, gave me the wrong phone. Same model different color.  Because of their mistake the imei # wasn't matching and their's nothing they can do to fix their mistake. I had to use a 3rd party service to unlock my phone which worked! I'll never use at&t again and it was my first time. They kept saying I changed the imei # lol. Yeah they (Edited per community guidelines)! Unlockboot.com saved me, 60 bucks and it was unlocked in 24 hours. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.