For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
x3ro-shikari's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 25th, 2011 12:17 AM

Coming to USA on vacation with iPhone 4.

Hi there,

I have tried searching around without much success. I bought my iPhone 4 in the UK from apple directly and it is unlocked to any carrier. I am due to come to the US for a while in June/July and I was wondering if AT&T provide any prepaid plans on a micro sim that I could use in my iPhone 4? I want to use internet for google maps however I'm not fussed about texts or calls as I can use skype on wifi when I'm at my hotels.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

depending on the roaming charge, it may be cheaper to just roam on your UK sim.

T-Mo (edge only) is an option as well, but its going to be $50 or so minimum, and that's just voice. Might as well just roam unless you're visiting for 6 months or so 🙂

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

ATT does not support the iPhone for pre-paid.  T-Mobile may be an option for you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the replys guys, I will look into T Mobile as my current roaming charges are way more expensive than $70. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

13 years ago

Since you are not interested in making calls and intend to use wifi as much as possible, sounds like your real need is for data. When I spent 3 weeks in the UK and France last year, I had AT&T's 20mb international data roaming package and was able to keep my data use within the 20MB and I used google maps quite often. As long as you control your data, the roaming fees could still be cheaper than a pre-paid plan. What sort of roaming data packages does your carrier offer? Or do you simply have to pay by the MB (or something like that)?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.