Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
EdTechRen's profile

3 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 7:48 PM

Can't enter IMEI for iPhone upgrade

I'm attempting to up my iPhone SE to an iPhone 15 Pro. On the Upgrade page, in the "Trade in and Save" section, I select "Trade in", and see a dialog for "Estimate your phone's trade-in value". I enter my IMEI, then click "Continue". But the next dialog says, in bold letters, "Skip IMEI entry" and the "Continue" button is greyed-out. I cannot proceed with a possible trade-in for my current phone.

Accepted Solution

147 Messages

14 days ago

I highly agree, the app is extremely unfriendly to use, I had a pain trying to add a line on my account, I feel your pain :( but enjoy the new phone I hope that works out smoothly!

147 Messages

14 days ago

iPhone SE 2nd and 3rd generation both qualify for $350 in perfect condition do you know what generation you have? And does it have any physical damage?

3 Messages

14 days ago

2nd generation, with no physical damage.

But the problem is that I can't perform the trade-in online. The process appears to be broken.

147 Messages

14 days ago

That’s okay! Try bringing it to a store instead or requesting a trade-in label from customer service, a trade-in is not something you need to declare at the date of purchase of your new phone. You only have to trade in your SE within 30 after purchase/delivery, don’t worry about not being able to input your IMEI online.

3 Messages

14 days ago

And… I figured it out. It's a poor form interface. 

I foolishly assumed that, since the previous dialog indicated that my phone was an iPhone SE 2nd generation, that after entering the IMEI my phone had been correctly identified. Nope! The next dialog displayed "iPhone SE"; and I was expected to click the "X" to the right of that name and select the proper model (iPhone SE 2nd gen) from a list. There is no indication, such as a down arrow, that there was a list there; only "X".

(Click everywhere on a page, and eventually something useful appears.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.