For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
JohnnyRockets's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, September 12th, 2023 1:59 AM

Blacklisted phone

So i bought my iphone 14 from a person on swappa and after a month and a half of using the phone like normal it became blacklisted. j was wondering if there was any way i could possibly fix that and get rid of the blacklist so that i can use the phone again

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

8 months ago

Nope.  It’s a common scam, selling a phone and a while later reporting it lost or stolen to get it blacklisted, but unfortunately, AT&T won’t help you.  Only the person who reported the phone lost or stolen can get it removed from the blacklist.  Or if the person got an insurance replacement, then the insurance company blacklisted the phone.  Since you’re not the original owner of the phone, and you didn’t get it blacklisted, you won’t be able to get it removed.  Get your money back, if you can.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

8 months ago

Nope. Phones are blacklisted for non-payment, reported as lost or stolen, or replaced via an insurance claim. If the phone is blacklisted for non-payment, only the original owner can pay it off. AT&T won't tell you how much is owed nor will they allow you to pay it off. It's a common scam. I'd get my money back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.