For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
starcraft2cons's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, November 4th, 2016 7:41 PM

any official person here could answer me?

I have an Att phone but it went broken. I walked into an ATT retailer store in Boston, and once I mentioned my phone is broken but I have insurance and I did call Asruion ,Asruion asked me to a here. But he refused to help me and said his store is ATT retailer store, he does not help me with any insruance. Even though I told him several times i called Asurion's phone but they told me to come to a real store.(because the passport I attached couldn't get approved when file a claim so i called Asurion and Asurion's saying i should go to a local ATT store ).

Is this legal that he rejected  me?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

If he is an ATT authorized retailer, yes.  You have to go to an ATT corporate store.   

The authorised retailer is a franchise.  They are not paid by ATT and cannot handle warranty or insurance issues.

If you contacted Asurion, why didn't they send you a phone and a return package for the broken one?   Information on how to file a claim 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1000580

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

hi, thanks for replying, i have tried to deal with Asursion for over 2 weeks, so basically the problem they returned to me is the passport(i'm a Chinese) I sent to them is not valid. so later I attached two of my permits in America(on in Oregon and another one in Masschussets), and still got the answer that my identity can't get approved. So as they asked me to come to a local ATT store. I checked my claim several minutes ago and looks like they are still processing my claim. And I got my e-mail said says"We have received your claim and it is being processed. We know your device is important to you, so we will make every effort to get it to you quickly. Your replacement should ship within 1-2 business days." I'm not sure if this means I will get my phone but hopefully yes.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

correction: my Chinese passport is valid, but not good enough for them since it is writen down by Chinese when there was involvled with index problems. It is TOTALLY in valid date.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

It sounds like they had a problem proving your identity online or the phone, this is a reason they would ask yuo to go to a store with proof of identity.  

Yes, the response sounds like you're all set.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

thank you, that sounds nice

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.