Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
wswspeedy's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 6th, 2023 7:59 PM

Unlocking Failure; "The Info You Gave Us Doesn't Match Our Records"

Hello,

So, I recently purchased an at&t branded phone. I went to the at&t website and requested an unlock code (as a non-customer). After a few minutes I went to check the status with my IMEI and request number and behold, "Your Info Doesn't Match Our Records... Please Review Your Information and Submit Another Request.. "

I am confused, because I am a non-subscriber, so I don't know what information would be incorrect. I read on this forum a post that mentioned new phones never used might have to be unlocked manually since they're not in the system.

Hopefully I can get to a solution soon, as I will be stuck without internet soon if I cannot get the phone to work on data.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

9 months ago

Doesn't matter. If it's a 3G phone it won't work on AT&T's network as @GLIMMERMAN76 mentioned. AT&T is not going to contact Samsung to unlock a phone that won't work on their network. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 months ago

The unlocking rules state a carrier has to try to unlock a phone.  They don't actually have to do it if they no longer have the phones IMEI in there database.  I mean why should they there is no carrier in the USA that is using old tech like that phone has.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

9 months ago

Yes they do it with any manufacturer! Nokia S40/Symbian from AT&T can no longer be unlocked via code as when I submit an IMEI from a Nokia I get "The manufacturer doesn't have an unlock code for this device". It has nothing to do with after 2G/3G sunset! Unlocking requirements do not mention any network compatibility/VoLTE

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

9 months ago

You're missing the point. As @GLIMMERMAN76 posted, if a 3G phone won't work with any U.S. carrier then it makes no sense for AT&T, or any carrier, to contact Samsung for unlocking codes whether the unlocking requirements specifically mention the 2G/3G sunset. 

ACE - Expert

• 

18K Messages

9 months ago

Another irrelevant chatgpt response

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

9 months ago

Should we remove it?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 months ago

It had a spam link in it

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

9 months ago

I looked but didn't see it, that's why I asked. Thanks for catching it.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

4 months ago

At the end finally got unlock code by filing FCC Complaint

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.