Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
TristanADCH's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 8th, 2021 8:49 PM

Some Video Downloads Defective

I have an S20+.  Recently, when taking videos, not all of them are coming through on my computer (when transferred from my phone) correctly.  

Here's what's showing up on my computer.

It doesn't happen with every video, but it's happening to more & more of them.

Suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks much.

Debbie

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 years ago

1) How are you transferring them?

2) Videos or stills?  If videos, every frame is like this (only showing one side)?

3) Do they view okay on the phone?

4) How are you viewing them on the PC?

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

1)  Via the USB plugged into my computer.  I then select on my monitor which videos I want to import from my phone.

2)  Videos are the only thing I'm having a problem with.  And, yes, every frame is like this.  Only a small area to the left of the video shows.  The other side is gray.  Interestingly, that's what happens when I try to play the video.  On my computer monitor, the video link is a nothing more than a green square.

3)  Yes, they view just fine on my phone.

4)  When they're imported, they get downloaded to a "My Videos" file on my computer.  When I click on a video, it comes up under "Movies & TV".

Please understand that I'm not very knowledgeable at using all the features of my phone, so I hope my answers to your questions make sense.

I appreciate the help.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 years ago

It could be that "Movies & TV" is having issues with the format of your video (which is not to say the video has an issue, per se, just that for some reason Movies & TV doesn't understand it). 

At this point, I would try to find if someone else can see a test video normally using software other than "Movies & TV."  Upload it to a file sharing site (like Google Drive) and get a friend with a MAC to see if he can view it.  Or you can try renaming it on Google Drive and downloading back to your phone to see if it plays; if so, then the file itself is fine during the upload.

Alternately, you can try a free trial of some video editing software and see if it can play it.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks.  I'll give both a try.  Probably the second suggestion first.

1 Message

3 months ago

Experiencing video transfer issues with your S20+? Try ensuring both your phone and computer software are up-to-date, and consider using a different USB cable or transfer method. If the problem persists, checking file formats and storage settings on your phone might help resolve the defective downloads

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.