Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 4:43 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4- 32GB Version release?

Anyone know why the 32GB version was not released as preorder? and When will it be available?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Checked the small store by me. They only had the 16gb. I'm gonna check the two malls by me when they open. I have a feelings they won't as well.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

HELLO! No disrespect intended at all, but please do read my updates as legitimate as I'd never post rumor monger information.

Fact: AT&T (or other U.S. carriers) will not have a clue as to when 32 & 64GB variants will be available until our dear friends at Samsung release that information. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

So you can special order the 32gb at the store. They said it will be in within the week.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@Triggermike wrote:
So you can special order the 32gb at the store. They said it will be in within the week.

Sorry, but whoever told you that is simply blowing smoke. Come back "within the week" with your "special order" & I'll glady eat crow. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Two different stores told me the same thing. Put $100 down for a special order toward the 32gb. Do you think they are both lieing?

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@Triggermike wrote:
Two different stores told me the same thing. Put $100 down for a special order toward the 32gb. Do you think they are both lieing?

I'm not stating that they're "lying" by any means.

If you refer to my posts here, my quotes are from eiher AT&T Customer Care or Samsung managers. A store employee does not have the knowledge that these individuals have.

That's my last message to you on this subject. Be well.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

UPDATE: New Article from Android Authority

(http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s4-online-sprint-att-store-198686/)

Important quotes:

"The 16GB model is the only variant available at the time of this writing, but AT&T says the 32GB version is coming soon, which will run at $249.99 with a two-year commitment."

"As a warning, those that are planning on picking up a 16GB Galaxy S4 may want to pick up a microSD card as well. Geek.com reports, between the system and preloaded apps, you’ll only have 8.82GB of space available for use, so if you’re thinking about loading up your brand new Galaxy S4 with a ton of files, a microSD card may want to be considered."

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This has been a serious disappointment. I wanted to wait to see the galaxy s4 in person before I bought it so I didn't even see that the 16gb version was the only one on the pre-order page.  I walked in there and played with the floor model a little and was really excited about getting it… in the 32gb form… The one AT&T announced that they would also sell a couple weeks ago.  I talked to one of the at&t store reps and to my surprise; he didn't even know that Samsung was making a 32 and 64gb version of the phone.  Another rep said they would probably just have to order it, but then realized that they weren’t able too.  Finally the Samsung rep who was there said that at&t probably wouldn't be offering the 32gb version of the phone any time soon and even when they were offering it, I would probably have to travel a considerable distance to find one because there is not as much demand for the 32gb model as there is for the 16gb version.  Well according to what I have seen on this forum and several others, along with many webpages all asking where the ANOUNCED 32gb version is; there is most certainly enough demand to sell at least the 32gb version, even if they are dead set against offering the 64gb version (Which there would be enough of a demand for too by the way as most of the people I have read about were only planning to settle on the 32gb version because apparently in at&t and other carriers opinions it appears Americans don't consume as much media as people in other countries and won't need the 64gb version).  I am not the type of person to go out and buy the next best thing every time one comes out.  I generally by the best I can afford at the time and then use it until it dies.  According to several articles that I have read AT&T, as well as other carriers, like this type of customer as they will hold onto their phones far beyond their upgrade dates adding to their profit margins for that user because a new phone will not have to be subsidized into that person's payments as often.  Thus it is only logical to allow this type of person to buy the most future proofed phone so that they can hold onto it for 3 maybe 4 years as opposed to options that they could easily fill up now.  I have been waiting patiently, oh so patiently, for this phone since October (Earlier if you count the year before when my current phone first started to really act up), trying to make my current phone survive as long as it could; tolerating the 6 hour restarts every week and only being able to be heard half the time by the other person on the line (to which the only known fix is yet another 6 hour restart).  I have been reading all of the rumors about this phone for months and I have already had two disappointing blows, the first from Samsung not offering the Exynos 5 Octa 8-core processor for the American market (Because again, apparently we in America don't consume as much if not more media than the rest of the world), followed by every carrier in America's decision not to carry the 64gb version for apparently the same reason. I have come to terms with these.  But today when I found out that the 32gb version may not even be accessible for who knows how long, maybe even never, I was crushed.  This is not smart business practice and drives customers crazy.  This is yet another in a long line of reasons why you are number 3 in the top 10 most hated companies of 2012 list! Do you want to know how to improve your image? Level with your customers. Tell them when you are going to do something. AND THEN DO IT!! COMPLETLY!!! If you aren’t going to do it, or do what you say you are going to do when you imply that you are going to do it, THEN DON’T SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE and get everyone’s hopes up. Number two: Give them the OPTION to but the best thing on the market if they chose, because there is always both the early adopter subset of the population that will buy the best thing on the market just to have it, as well as the people, like me, who buy the best when they have already driven their (current product which was the best when they bought it several years ago) into the ground and are looking for the current best to last them another several years. Software designers are well aware of Moore’s Law and develop their software in accordance with it.  That means that the software on our phones will also most likely double in size and complexity in the next 18 months.  If I want to reserve the external storage card for my plethora of movies, music, pictures, and audio books, while keeping all of my apps on my phone so they aren't disturbed when I switch card from say a movie 64gb sd card to a music 64gb sd card, then I will need a large amount of internal storage to store all of my apps new and updated apps which (for the advanced games and computing apps) will each probably grow in size by about 4+ times in a 4 year period (ie, if I have 9gb of my apps( since that will probably be all I can fit on a 16gb internal storage device after the OS and the copious AT&T Bloatware that you won’t let me delete even though I WILL NEVER BE NEEDING IT SO WHY ARE YOU FORCING IT ON ME) then with new apps coming out over 4 years and the current apps getting more complex I should be able to count on my internal storage needs being at 9*4=36 after 4 years… Hmm is that more than 32GB.  I’m pretty sure that some people on this forum could easily surpass 36GB much quicker than that with their current games being larger than 2gb).  I want to be able to use this phone well into the future, helping both at&t's profit margin and saving me money and headaches from having to upgrade through several substandard phones every time I get an upgrade.  I know I am not the only one!  I have seen it and if you, AT&T, would care enough about your customer base to do a little research into the matter it would become quite evident that the larger internal storage versions will sell (lack of care conclusion drawn from the lack of an easily accessible customer complaint/ idea page and being number 3 in the 2012 list of top 10 most hated companies).  Give Your Customers What They Want (AND IS AVAILABLE as Samsung says the choice to offer and when to offer the larger models rests solely on the carriers) so they stay with you or so that they don't say get fed up enough to come to a possibly immature conclusion somewhere along the lines of: "since I can't get the most future proofed phone available and I will probably fill up the alternative’s storage within a year anyway, I might as well only get a cheaper phone that will only last that long even though it will lead to me having to deal with the headache of switching everything over more often and probably hurt at&t's PROFIT MARGIN as they have to subsidize this next phone ON the earliest date I can upgrade each time I am up for one." And trust me, if enough people got fed up enough to come to such an immature conclusion, and collective start buying phones at the earliest possible time, there may be a noticeable impact, especially because you have already been complaining about such things.  Will I be involved in such a venture, Probably not, I’m too Swiss for that and that would be far too wasteful for me.  But my point is: Level with your customers. We are smart enough for you to tell us the truth.  If there is a GOOD reason that you are doing this tell us, if not, do what you say you are going to do exactly and expediently and when you make announcements don’t leave room for ambiguity so that people don’t fall into trap of coming to the perfectly logical conclusion that you will be launching the 32gb version at the same time as the 16. We are not fooled by what seems to be measures to fool us into thinking that the 32 version won’t come out so we break down and buy the 16 just to boost the 16’s profitability now and the 32’s when you do a special launch later to get you in the media again.  This is the same try coke extra so we can re-release the original gimmick that we have seen a hundred times repackaged. JUST TELL IS THE TRUTH!  And for those of you on this forum that are still as feed up as I am,

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

Whew boy, what a read!

Lessons Learned...store employees are the last to know any information regarding product launches...PERIOD. 

A word of advice. You'll do nothing but antagonize the issue by writing senior management officials at AT&T. But that's just my opinion. The timing of the 32 & 64GB variants is out of their hands. Samsung holds the key.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

Randun, I am not trying to fight you on this and I do appriciate the information you have been giving although most of it has just been links to 3rd party articles and manager speculation, but unless you can produce evidence that this is Samsung's fault, I will continue to believe AT&T is the entity that dropped the ball here.  AT&T announced the pricing (even screwed that up) and announced the availability of the 32 GB model (always soon...soon...soon...).  AT&T continues to officially remain unresponsive to requests and inquireies.  All AT&T has to do is officially say Samsung is the reason we don't know anythinbg (which they have not).  It is AT&T's responsibility to be fair and accomidating to it's customers needs and questions.

Simply put, if AT&T isn't willing to say, "Yes it will be available on XXXX date" or"No, we will not be offering the 32 GB option", or "We don't know because Samsung is withholding information from AT&T" then it IS AT&T's fault.

If you think otherwise and still believe this is Samsung's fault then why won't AT&T officially make one of the above statements? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.