For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 4:43 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4- 32GB Version release?

Anyone know why the 32GB version was not released as preorder? and When will it be available?

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

Actually, I contacted Samsung USA via Facebook and asked them about the availability of the 32 GB version and was told that Samsung was not allowed to discuss availability because it was 100% the decision of the carrier as to when they would make certain models available.  It looks like more of the finger pointing game but in this case I would have to agree with Samsung.  It is AT&T that has dropped the ball here, plain and simple.  If not, all they would have to do is come out and say, "Samsung has not made the device available to us yet" and it would solve any doubt.  Clearly, that has not happened.  Again, shame on AT&T for playing it's customers for fools.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@scott14719 wrote:

Actually, I contacted Samsung USA via Facebook and asked them about the availability of the 32 GB version and was told that Samsung was not allowed to discuss availability because it was 100% the decision of the carrier as to when they would make certain models available.  It looks like more of the finger pointing game but in this case I would have to agree with Samsung.  It is AT&T that has dropped the ball here, plain and simple.  If not, all they would have to do is come out and say, "Samsung has not made the device available to us yet" and it would solve any doubt.  Clearly, that has not happened.  Again, shame on AT&T for playing it's customers for fools.

In actuality, it's really a two-way street scenario. The same thing happened with Samung & AT&T (& other carriers as well) with the launch of the S III. Believe me, I remember it all to well.  Smiley Indifferent

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

Here's the latest from this morning.

You can check back later or go here: soc.att.com/t68a5 - as soon as we know this link will have the info as well.
09:07 AM - 25 Apr 13

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for checking on this and reporting back here so frequently Randun. I am anxiously awaiting a 32Gb SGS4 from AT&T!!

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@Bernek24 wrote:
Thank you for checking on this and reporting back here so frequently Randun. I am anxiously awaiting a 32Gb SGS4 from AT&T!!

No problem. You & me both! Maybe a 64GB...Smiley Wink

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

Here's an interesting article from today (http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/04/25/samsung-galaxy-s4-32gb-64gb-mia/).

A quote with the title "Theories":

"While it would be odd to see AT&T become the only carrier to offer a 32GB Galaxy S4, it’s certainly possible that that is what will end up happening. It’s also entirely possible that AT&T decides to can the 32GB model before ever offering it, we can’t be sure.

We can only go off what we see and know at this point and that is that carriers don’t seem to think that 32GB and 64GB models are necessary with 64GB microSD card support.

We saw them all opt to carry only the 16GB Galaxy Note 2 when 32GB and 64GB options were available and Verizon’s EOL status on the 32GB Galaxy S3 is a sign that offering the 16GB may actually have been a logical choice.

So given the signs, given the past, and given that the Galaxy S4 is about to launch with 16GB options and only 16GB options, customers who are looking for the larger models in the U.S. should temper expectations as we may never see a wide launch of these models here in the U.S."

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

And another...i.e. don't hold your breath for either the 32GB or 64GB variants. Smiley Frustrated (http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/04/24/samsung-galaxy-s4-u-s-release-delays-confusion-more/)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Android doesn't work that way.

The Apps need to be stored on the phone. Only their data can be stored on the SD card. So if you are one of these types that needs lots of space for Apps, then you need the bigger phone.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

Not so. Android OS has no set standard or protocol for app data storage. For example, I have several Audubon apps that require data be accessed realtime. This is impossible if the data is stored on an external memory card. 

Also, you can wipe your internal SD card & you'll find that many of your app's data have gone missing until you reboot & the app's repopulate. Try it, after backing up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

16gb yields less that 12gb of usable space. Lame by today's standards. HTC did it correctly by only offering 32 & 64 gb variants. Thus freeing the money hungry carriers from that burden. I was stuck with a HTC with the 16gb & lack of a removable battery option. I was getting ready to switch to Samsung with its 64gb version and maybe settling for the 32gb at a minimum.  But now I just might wait on Apple...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.