Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 4:43 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4- 32GB Version release?

Anyone know why the 32GB version was not released as preorder? and When will it be available?

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Looks official now, glad I waited but that doesn't excuse AT&T for their handling of this mess.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks PuckJunkie! That’s the best news yet. I agree, it's hard to get my hopes up but apparently we'll know soon enough. It looks good. AT&T knew all along. Now, who wants to wait for the ruggedized version of the SGS4 that the Wall Street Journal says is coming in July?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323789704578446721538886936.html

From WSJ:

"The new phone, tentatively called the Galaxy S 4 Active, will be waterproof and dust proof, but Samsung is aiming to maintain the look and feel of the S 4." 

Of course, some are saying this version is just a rumor as it hasn't been officially announced which is true. So who's knows if AT&T will carry it if it exists? Well, AT&T and Samsung know, but besides them, who knows?

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@PuckJunkie wrote:

A few sources are reporting a release date of May 10th for the 32GB S4:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/05/06/galaxy-s4-32gb-release-date-confirmed/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/06/samsung-gs4-att-32gb/

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-s-32gb-galaxy-s4-lands-may-10-249

And AT&T's official twitter account appears to be the source:

https://twitter.com/ATT

I admit to having my hopes up on this one, but they've made a mistake before, and the link in AT&T's tweet takes you to a 16GB white S4. I'll keep my fingers crossed, nevertheless.

🙂

I can hope that the articles that you have cited, particulary GottaBeMobile who I do trust are right, but the ATT source seems a bit dubious. While the caption refers to a 32 GB model being released on May 10, the URL provided by them takes you to a 16GB model, just like last time. I've tried it on 3 different devices with the same results.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@2yumans wrote:

Thanks PuckJunkie! That’s the best news yet. I agree, it's hard to get my hopes up but apparently we'll know soon enough. It looks good. AT&T knew all along. Now, who wants to wait for the ruggedized version of the SGS4 that the Wall Street Journal says is coming in July?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323789704578446721538886936.html

From WSJ:

"The new phone, tentatively called the Galaxy S 4 Active, will be waterproof and dust proof, but Samsung is aiming to maintain the look and feel of the S 4." 

Of course, some are saying this version is just a rumor as it hasn't been officially announced which is true. So who's knows if AT&T will carry it if it exists? Well, AT&T and Samsung know, but besides them, who knows?

The rugged S4 has been on the radar for a couple of weeks now so nothing new there.

Still don't follow your rationale about "ATT knew all along". How did you arrive at this?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Went to an AT&T Store this afternoon. They have no knowledge of the 32 and they contacted their own support to order and there's nada. No SKU.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

randun wrote 

The rugged S4 has been on the radar for a couple of weeks now so nothing new there.

Still don't follow your rationale about "ATT knew all along". How did you arrive at this?

AT&T said they would carry a 32gb, they set a price for it, they said it was coming soon. They knew. Now the way the release was executed was odd and when other carriers were bailing out of carrying the 32gb version it led to more than a little worry that AT&T’s 32gb offering would vaporize as well. And besides, If the S4 is going to be ready to shipped by AT&T on the 10th when do you think the phones were manufactured? When were they unloaded from a ship or aircraft? When did AT&T actually get them to be able to ship by the 10th? What possible reason would Samsung have to keep it a secret from AT&T that their phones would be ready? I could go on but these phones weren’t made yesterday and AT&T didn’t get them yesterday.  

As for the WSJ article I didn’t say that it was breaking news. The article was published April 26th as anyone who reads it can plainly see. I did ask, who wants to wait and see if that rugged version comes our way or would you jump on the 32gb version that hopefully shows up on the 10th? Or maybe I should have just said: I know and I will leave it at that. 

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

Regardless of everything that you have posited here, there is still no confirmed evidence, i.e. AT&T, is really offering a 32GB model or not. Just refer to my earlier message vis-a-vis the link provided by AT&T once again directs one to a 16GB model, NOT a 32GB model. Believe what you want...

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I guess. We all have to wait until the 10th to see if it is true that's released.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

We will see what happens Friday, the 10th.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Randun, I wouldn't place any more weight on GottaBeMobile than any other source. Possibly less. By the end of day yesterday, basically every news service on the web had reported this, but none of them had information that wasn't either from the tweet or from previously available specs and such.

The reputable ones (CNET, IGN, etc.) actually mention that they are getting their information from AT&T's tweet. I don't believe any of them have any information beyond that, but a few less well-established sites - like GottaBeMobile - actually try to make it sound like they got the information from a source inside the company rather than the same twitter feed that everyone in the world has access to. Slightly unsavory.

Bottom line, AT&T's official twitter account says they're offering the 32GB, and I'm hopeful, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think a single news site has gotten any information beyond the tweet itself.

P.S. I mentioned the link being to a 16GB S4 in my original tweet.

P.P.S. I have no idea how to quote posts on this forum. WT*?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.