For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
gmcstepside's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 8:36 PM

S4 Active Lollipop update interupted

I tried twice today to update my S4 Active to Lollipop. Both times after I got a messaging saying the install was interupted. The updated donwloaded without any problem. The phone restarted and began installing. When it got to 32% both times it stopped, rebooted, then gave me a message saying the install was interupted. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks Drew

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I would like to share my att story. I have been a customer with them for about 3 years now. In Dec 2014 I upgraded from sg note 3 to the note 4. 3 weeks ago it went into sage mode. I have spent hours on the phone with att trying to get this fixed. Turns out it need to be sent in a different fixed or replaced.
The problem is in the volume button. It's Stuck. A problem from the manufacturer. Not me! This has caused many problems from loss of apps to bad coverage.
Att has given me these options. I can get a refurbished phone on my warranty and pay accordingly or they will replace it due to damage with a refurbished. Does this make sense to anyone?
This is an 800 phone. I do not want a refurbished phone. When I upgrade I resale my phones. A refub will bring down the value. I have had these before, they always give problems. I am still paying for a new phone. . I should not have to accept a used phone
No one will help me make this right. It's unfair and just plain wrong to do loyal customers this way.
Tmoblie is sounding pretty good to me. I can get out of these crazy 240 a month phone bills and have the same thing I have right now..
If there is anyone at att who cares about loosing a loyal bill payer I would love to hear from you.
Signed. T mobile here I come

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I figured out that my problem was that I didn't have quite enough space to install the update. I don't know exactly how much room you need. It worked for me after I had a little of 4 gb of free space. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same problem on S5 however I have just shy of 2GB of free space, is that not enough?

@gmcstepside wrote:

I figured out that my problem was that I didn't have quite enough space to install the update. I don't know exactly how much room you need. It worked for me after I had a little of 4 gb of free space. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have seen in one place where someone stated that you need at least 3gb of free space.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

@edstines wrote:

I have the same problem on S5 however I have just shy of 2GB of free space, is that not enough?

@gmcstepside wrote:

2 GB is not enough.  You will need a minimum of 3 GB for the update to install.  Once the update is installed, I suggest you wipe the cache partition.  This is easy to do, won't delete your data, and it can eliminate many post-update issues. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks very much for the suggestion, I will free up at least 3gb and retry
then I will post results.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

You're very welcome.  Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Well, I have freed up 4 gb of space, I have worked with AT&T support,
samsung support, tried a zillion times and still I get the msg Update
Interrupted.. and then I have to wait another 20 hrs before I can try
again. What does one have to do? I have a Galaxy 5, a s tab 10.5 that
seem to update fine, but this phone? Nada. Zippo, nein, zilch, nyet,
arghhhhh!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

@edstines wrote:
Well, I have freed up 4 gb of space, I have worked with AT&T support,
samsung support, tried a zillion times and still I get the msg Update
Interrupted.. and then I have to wait another 20 hrs before I can try
again. What does one have to do? I have a Galaxy 5, a s tab 10.5 that
seem to update fine, but this phone? Nada. Zippo, nein, zilch, nyet,
arghhhhh!

It seems like you're really having a tough experience with this update.  I suggest you take your phone into a Best Buy store that has a Samsung Experience Shop, explain your problem, and ask them to flash the update to your phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Excellent idea, I will do so tomorrow.

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.