Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D
derryjbrooks333

• 

27 Messages

Thu, Jun 4, 2020 5:15 PM

Redmi k30 pro

Hello. I want to buy the redmi k30 pro but wanted to see if at&t will support it's bands.

I am currently using the poco f1 and it works, so I was assuming the k30 will work too.

Responses

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

Yes if you look at At&t bands online you will see what bands at&t uses. Now if you compare those with the bands your phone supports (which you can find online), and the match up somewhat you should be fine. As long as your device supports bands 2 and 5 at least, you should be fine.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

@Ninfan644 That would be WRONG.. ATT is not allowing new devices if they don't support VoLTE on to be activated. The phone needs bands 2,4,5,12 at a minimum to work. ATT uses bands 2,4,5,12,17,29,30,66

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Cheat-sheet-which-4G-LTE-bands-do-AT-T-Verizon-T-Mobile-and-Sprint-use-in-the-USA_id77933#:~:text=Band%2066%20(AWS%2D3%2D,It%20is%20actively%20being%20deployed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

27 Messages

Then why does my poco f1 work on it?
Also everywhere else I look it says I can use it.

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

it does not support volte which you will need if you want to make phone calls.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

27 Messages

But the redmi k30 pro does support Volte. I'm not understanding why it won't work.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

not on att it doesn't. The phone is not certified by the FCC for use in the usa so att won't allow volte on the phone.

• 

27 Messages

I understand that but neither is the poco f1 and it works with at&t.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

but it does not get volte it will drop to 3g to make a call.

• 

27 Messages

Ahhh I see. So the phone will work just as well as my current one. Thank you for your help.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

well it will work till they kill the 3g towers in your area and you no longer can make voice calls.

• 

27 Messages

If the phone doesn't work with LTE then won't it work with 4g? Also the k30 is 5g enabled and most of california where I live supports 5g. Would that make a difference?

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

nope 5g in that phone is not made for the usa and att is only doing 5g on phones it sells right now. 4g is 3g once it's gone you will have no voice calls.

• 

27 Messages

So the phone would still operate on 4g and lte while sitting the web and stuff but just voice calls are out?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

well voice calls and texting. It would be a fancy tablet in most ways.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

no voice or text it would be a data only device.

• 

27 Messages

Thank you so much for your help. One last thing. Is there anyway to get a phone verified with att so that it can use volte? If not is there a list of phones that they support?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

no att won't support that brand as they don't go thru the FCC. The list is short.

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network-After-3G-Goes-Away.pdf

• 

27 Messages

Would I still be able to use data to call or text people through alternative texting apps? Or would wifi only work?

• 

27 Messages

I just spoke to an at&t employee extensively and they told me the only thing that would be affected would be wifi calling. They told me I could still make calls and text inevitably, just not over wifi. They said 3g will go down but that 4g will continue for a long time.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

That employee you talked to does not have a clue then. I gave you the official list of supported phones. You phone cant do VoLTE so when 3g goes away so does your voice and text thru your number.

• 

27 Messages

What about 4g? I know that is the official list, the employee I talked too said that the phone not being supported by VOLTE will not affect calls and texts, only wifi calls ect...

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

you have 3g and LTE that's it. Att calls hspa and hspa+ 4g which they are really 3g. So again that rep had no clue what is what. The phone is not volte compliant and never will be.

Again that list is the only phones that will work once att kills 3g aka 4g(on att). All phones going forward have to be volte compliant.

• 

4 Messages

I stand corrected the first gentlemen that corrected me is 100 percent correct. I wrote that answer in a small amount of time, I do apologize for that. When At&t pulls the plug on 3G, and LTE is being used, you will lose service, I am not an expert so I do not know whether Calling or Texting will continue to work so I don't have any input on that. But I do know that some representatives like the one you spoke with don't seem well educated on these matters. And I can tell you that the other people who are commenting are right, your phone can be used now but soon you must find new options. Sorry for my former response not being well written and hope this helps.

• 

27 Messages

I have now spoken to multiple different att employees and we went over this form together. They said that the info given here is wrong and that the redmi k30 pro will be able to use 4g and 5g to make calls and texts in 2022. I find it hard to believe that multiple employees of att would give me the same information. They even read over this form and told me that the info here was wrong.

I'm sorry but if I have to choose who to believe I have to go with multiple employees of the company.

Thank you both so much for your info and spending time to help me. I really do appreciate it.

If you have any other comments I would love to hear them. Thank you
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

Good luck with your paper weight. Those reps are wrong period. @lizdance40 please back me up on this one.

There is a reason ATT has a OFFICIAL LIST @derryjbrooks333 those are the ONLY phones that will work once 3g is shut down. I do this for a living and I have had that exact phone and it does not get 5G nor does it have wifi calling. I test phones for a living trust me the phone will be a brick when they turn off 3G.

• 

27 Messages

Hmm okay. why won't 4g work?
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

@derryjbrooks333
"Hmm okay. why won't 4g work?"
You mean HSPA+? Or LTE?
AT&T refers to HSPA/HSPA+ as their 3G/4G NETWORK.
LTE is LTE, 5Ge or LTE+ on some devices.

" I'm sorry but if I have to choose who to believe I have to go with multiple employees of the company."
It's up to you you'll get 18 months or less out of it. No skin off us. 🤷🏼‍♀️

When you get your new phone and pop your sim card in, Power It Up, and then make a phone call. If you do not see "VoLTE" in the notification bar, and your phone drops to H or H+, we were right and AT&T reps were wrong. If you don't have it out of the box you will never see it, not from AT&T. You will have to switch to T-Mobile and even then 5G is going to be very unlikely.

Screen shots while calling for proof.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

BTW, according to the specs you have only one LTE band in common with AT&T, that is band five.
As near as I can tell you will have zero 5G bands in common with AT&T.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_k30_pro-ampp-10140.php?espv=1

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

27 Messages

Okay, thank you. I am just trying to figure out who is right. The employees I have spoken too make a lot of sense and work for the company. Idk why they would work there I'd they didn't know what they were talking about you know.

Thank you. I will look more indepth to this.
If you know of any resources that would help me please feel free to post them.b

• 

27 Messages

Also, I am still confused why I won't be able to use a 4g network.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

We have both posted links already.
@GLIMMERMAN76 to AT&T's list of LTE service bands. And I to the Redmi specs.

I already explained 4G. AT&T "4G" network is really 3G+, and shutting down. (think of AT&T false 5Ge, which is LTE, not even remotely real 5G).
Don't confuse '4G' with LTE.

• 

27 Messages

But 4g isn't shutting down, only 3g.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

Fine redmi calls it 4g, it's LTE on at&t
Its 3g or LTE
3g is shutting down.
You have 1 band for '4G' which is LTE
You have zero 5g bands for at&t

• 

27 Messages

Ahh I see. Isn't that the same though with the poco f1 I already use? That one works fine and I never operate on 3g with that one

• 

27 Messages

One more thing. If what you're saying is true. That means that basically all china made phones won't work anymore. All xiaomi, oppo, realme, different galaxy models, ect... Won't work anymore. Does att have a plan to fix that problem or do they just plan to lose a lot of business?
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

The poco f1 still has 3g fall back for talk and text, which goes away.
And band 5 only for LTE (as they call it 4g). As @GLIMMERMAN wrote, once 3g shuts down, you have a data only device, no talk or text.

Without At&t VoLTE certification, no, they won't work.
Will At&t fix? Probably not. Not unless they pay for certification like they do with Verizon.

• 

27 Messages

Okay thank you. One more question. Isn't there a possibility that 5g gets more available within the next two years and the k30 pro becomes more more useable?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

No it wont get 5g as it lacks low band 5g and mmwave tech. Those are set in stone here in the USA.

• 

27 Messages

So basically the only phones that are gonna work ate the very limited phones on that fcc approved list.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

none of the stuff from China will work. One plus will work just fine. The 8 pro is a beast and get volte

• 

27 Messages

Bro, if I had they kinda money I wouldn't be trying to buy more china rom phones haha.

Could you explain to me the difference between the 5g networks in the us and the one in the k30 pro?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

• 

27 Messages

I see, so the k30 pro doesn't have the 24ghz band right.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

• 

27 Messages

What do you think the chances are of att adding any of 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA bands?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

none. those bandwidth are not available in the usa

• 

27 Messages

They can't become available?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

No the FCC has already had the auction and the bands we have are what we have.

• 

27 Messages

how often is that auction. Is there a possibility of then getting new bands by 2022? Also, do you have any suggestions for someone who wants to get a china made phone in 2022? Maybe a better carrier or any loopholes
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

Read @GLIMMERMAN76 post ⤴️
We aren't time travelers and lack a crystal ball. But my fiver would be on no.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

No they wont most of what tmobile and ATT are doing is low band 5g which is N5 and tmobile is using N71 which overseas phones are not using. If the phone has not passed the FCC I doubt they are going to add cost by using all bands on the planet.

• 

27 Messages

Currently I have the poco f1. What do you think about the poco f2 pro? Its basically the same as the k30 but has 3 LTE bands in common with att, 2,4,5. Would that work better?

Get started...

Ask a new question