For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
P

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, November 26th, 2020 7:26 PM

My device settings are configured to AT&T even though it's not an AT&T device

Hello,

I own Samsung S10 plus which is a direct unlocked device from a different carrier.I have inserted the AT&T sim card as my first sim card to check the unlock functionality and then everything has changed. My device settings are now by default configured to AT&T. I am able to use a different carrier sim but not receiving any OTA updates. Even my device shows AT&T logo when I turn off/On the device. Can someone please help how to reconfigure these settings to normal?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

There is nothing wrong with the settings and until you insert another valid SIM card from a major carrier, the phone will show settings for AT&T.  

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

she said MAJOR carrier.  That means Tmobile ATT or Verizon

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

@lizdance40: I am already using a different sim but nothing changed. Even the factory reset didn't work.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

@Glimmerman76: Yeah,I got that. But right now I am staying out of US and using one of the major Indian Sim carriers. But why this would happen on a unlocked device ?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

The us versions automatically switch carriers.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

But not sure why my device is still stuck with AT&T. This is not allowing me to get the updates. It is still running on Android 9. Just disappointed happening this to a completely unlocked device :-( . Any suggestions to make the settings default will be really helpful and appreciated. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

You need it to auto switch to Verizon or T-Mobile.  But you need US Sims for those 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Okay so there is no way of getting this done with an Indian sim card? I thought some sort of reset or R&D will help me get rid of this. There is no way AT&T can reset from their end?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

Nope.  You are not connected to AT&T, which is the only way to receive updates. 

1 Message

8 months ago

I switched from att to tmobile and my phone is doing the same thing and I have the s23 ultra. I can't get updates either. My reads I have no internet connection even though my wifi is on. What can I do?

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.