For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
amy827's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 23rd, 2015 10:50 PM

lost phone

My son lost his phone, we have checked everywhere and now it has been about a week so the battery is dead. This has never happened before, so Im not sure what options are available for getting it back, or replacing it possibly with an inexpensive alternative. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

If you by chance pay for insurance coverage every month (though Asurion, not the manufacturer warranty) that also covers theft or loss.  You just pay the deductible to replace the phone.

Otherwise, the advice above to get a used or otherwise inexpensive phone is your best bet.  Be sure its an AT&T branded device, or at least a device that explicitly works on AT&T's network.  All phone's do not work on all networks.  So that is the easiest way to ensure network compatibility.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

9 years ago

An inexpensive replacement is your best option. With any luck it will turn up the same day your replacement arrives. (I've been there)

You could pick up a used AT&T phone on Amazon or ebay or activate an old phone if you have one lying around.

Gotta love em.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @amy827

I’m sorry to hear that your son’s device has been lost! Another option would be replacing the device via insurance. If you had insurance coverage on the line (see your bill for insurance coverage charges on the line) you would be able to have the device replaced, paying only a deductible based on the device cost. If you did indeed have coverage, you can file a claim at

phoneclaim.com/att

I hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I lost my phone and have insurance and got new phone and its activated But yesterday I found my lost phone and took out SIM card and lost it Can I reactivated that phone My vice have old so can I activate my lost/found phone for her

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I lost my phone and have insurance and got new phone and its activated But yesterday I found my lost phone and took out SIM card and lost it Can I reactivated that phone My wife have old so can I activate my lost/found phone for her
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.