Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jexlude's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 4:54 PM

Changing ownership on the AT&T tablet

I need to change the ownership of the tablet.  

Do I have to go to the AT&T  store or can I do it online.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Found out all I really had to do was go to my settings, then to Device, Backup & Reset, Then just hit the Factory data reset. That erases all the data on the tablet.

That was Exactly what I needed to do. The tablet was brand new and I had just wanted to change the ownership to a different family member. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@jexlude You're still making payments on it or have a contract? If so, do a ToBR  Transfer of Billing Responsibility - AT&T 

https://www.att.com/tobr/tobrHomePage.rt

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

You will need to have the account owner and yourself both present for the phone call. Customer service can process a Transfer of Billing Responsibility at 800-331-0500. Very rarely, certain situations can and do require a store visit. It's definitely worth trying to save the time by calling in and letting a phone rep help you process that!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I called this # but My situation is a little to complicated.. I'm not changing the billing  It's staying in the family,so they said I needed to go into the store.

Thanks anyway Guys

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@jexlude

For want of an accurate description.....   How about My son Jimmy has been using a tablet, but he is giving it to his daddy, how do we remove Jimmy's information on the tablet?

As for ownership, the account and all device are "owned " by one person, the person who has the account in their name.   No change of ownership as far as ATT is concerned.  

Same with phones.  If you want to hand down a phone, factory reset and swap the SIM card.   You never need to contact ATT for this

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.