For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
B

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, June 13th, 2020 12:09 PM

After unlocking my Android phone "model QS5509A" go editions can't make call or send text

In Nigeria, I bought a new ATT phone/device which is locked due to go pay plan service policy. I Don't know the original buyer of this phone, but I was able to unlock the phone after requesting for unlock from att official site which was send to my phone within a minute. This means to me that the real owner must have pay all the bills. To my greatest surprise I unlock the phone using the code sent to me by att official site through my email account, I insert my country network Carrier e.g MTN NG, Airtel NG, Glo NG or Etisalat NG etc on the phone it shows the network Carrier name but the bar of the network bar is empty. This means I can't make calls or texts from the phone. Other activities like apps work fine on the phone. The only thing is that I don't have any means to make calls or send text just like saying the phone is useless as being a toy for kids to play games on it.

My questions is this, after unlocking the phone or device using your unlock code sent to me through my email:

1.WilI I still wait for 6 month to get the network bar show up on it so I can make calls or send text messages? 

2. Does it mean is not fully unlock to other network Carrier or depending?

3. Why should I exprience such act after unlocking the phone with your unlock code? Etc.

Please I need urgently required answer to my request thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

It may not support the bands your country uses.  It would not surprise me since prepaid phone are usually only made to work in the us.

• 

8 Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76 i really appreciate your quick response. but can i ask you this quick questions:

if you claim it can't support such network carrier in my country

does it mean that no solutions can be provided or done on it to be able for calls and sms? 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

If the phone is not compatible with your carrier, no, there is nothing you can do to change that.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

That phone was made for att and att only.  I just looked up the specs.  It only has us gsm bands.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76 is correct.  Bargain at&t prepaid androids have limited hardware and wont work out of north america.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

• 

8 Messages

wow you guys are amazing...I love your quick response and passionate act to help people get their feedback instantly... I now understand the fact that the phone is based on US bands... And there is nothing I can do to make it call or text...unless I am in your state where the baseband is accepted.

I even bought 2pieces of it...the other one was denied unlock assess att claims it won't unlock for not being able to get service 6months on it...I still don't understand that statement...maybe you guys can throw more light to it....

Thank you all for your help God bless us all in (Edited per community guidelines) amen.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Benbilly message me on [EDITED per Community Guidelines]

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.