Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
ronbr's profile

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 10th, 2024 7:26 PM

Prepaid sim card expiry?

I'm Canadian.  Purchased a prepaid AT&T sim card in Great Falls for a tripto Utah in March.  Back home now but will be in Washington State in May.  How do I find out if I can still use that SIM card in May?  I do not have a pin, so can't get through any of the support options.

Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

20 days ago

If  you refill in under 60 days the SIM card will still be valid and your account and number still accessible.

After 60 days the account is closed and number lost 

3 Messages

17 days ago

I thought they were good for 90 days?

3 Messages

17 days ago

What about if there was still data left?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

16 days ago

@ronbr prepaid refills expire depending on the amount deposited

A $25 to $99  refill extends the account  90 days from date you deposit. 30 days of active service - 60 days with a zero balance, no refill,  after which the account is canceled and the number is lost.

March, April, May spans 3 months, and refills in March and May should keep account open. Keep in mind AT&T uses 30 day month, March and May both have 31. So between March April and May there are total of 92 days

No, there is no data left after 60 days if unused.   You are buying time, 30 days at a time. If you stop paying for 30 days or 60 days there is nothing that rolls over. The only time anything rolls over is if you continuously pay for service. Some of the accounts with limited data amounts (5 gig, 8 gig, 15 gig)  roll over for one month if unused

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.