Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
B

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 14th, 2020 10:33 PM

Disconnected Phone Number

Hi, I am abroad and unable to call AT&T customer service in the United States. However, my number has been disconnected and I want to make it active again. How do I do that?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Disconnected how? Prepaid does not roam internationally except Canada, Mexico and select European countries. If you think your number is disconnected because you get no service, you aren’t supposed to get service. If your number is disconnected because your account has been closed, there is nothing you can do.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry that I didn't make it clear initially. Today I tried logging into my AT&T account on the AT&T prepaid website and was given an error with the message "Your Account Has Been Disconnected. Please contact customer service". 

How do I recover my number since I cannot call customer service as I am abroad?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Again, need to know why it’s disconnected. Account access is blocked from most locations abroad so not being able to login is normal. A prepaid account is automatically closed if the account balance is $0 for more than 60 days. When is the last time you paid? If your account was closed, you can’t recover it, the number is lost. If your account is still open, you just need to refill but without account access, the only way to refill is to call. 

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

The account had $0 in it for over 60 days and that answers my question. Thanks for your help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.