Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
M

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 5:42 PM

Credit card charged twice every month and I'm not a customer

I have been trying to contact att for days now but email and phone and 'o one helps. I have been asked to call 18002071233 ext 8048 but the line is always busy. I have asked att multiple time to tell me why I am charged and go send me the bill. Please someone contact me!! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

You are wasting your time contacting ATT if you aren’t a customer. You need to dispute unauthorized charges directly with your credit card. There is no bill with prepaid. Someone is apparently using your credit card to pay for their service. If it’s charged twice, maybe two people are using your card.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

4 years ago

How did AT&T get your credit card information?

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My cc said that att finds the charges correct so they don't cancel it. Att should still care especially because they are taking my money. Are there some customer agencies I can call to file a claim versus Att?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

4 years ago

You need to cancel that credit card and have a new one issued. 

AT&T has no way of knowing that your credit card information has been stolen.  If your information is being used at AT&T, there's a good chance it's being used elsewhere.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Are there some customer agencies I can call to file a claim versus Att?

You can try filing a complaint with the FCC or BBB but likely you’ll be wasting your time. Unauthorized charges are handled by your credit card, that’s the whole point of having a credit card. Of course ATT would say the charges are legitimate, they are paying for someone else’s service. Your card has been compromised.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.