Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
C

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 8:49 PM

Roadside Assistance Refused to Pay For Tow

Today I needed my vehicle towed from one location to the repair shop as it would not shift out of park. I called AT&T Roadside Assistance, gave my telephone number, address, name, etc. Then explained the problem, location of vehicle and where it needed to go. After informing me that no tow trucks were “in the area” and I would have to pay te difference of eight miles, I have the agent my credit card. He proceeded to charge me $69.00. When I asked how much the tow originally was, he said $69.00. I asked how much my AT&T Roadside Assistance covered and he said none because I wasnt calling from my telephone (the phone with the account number I provided.) I informed the agent that my phone was at home and I was calling from my partner’s phone, but I had already been charged that amount and roadside assistance would not cover anything. What?!?! I have been paying this monthly for YEARS. YEARS I tell you. Now you won’t pay for my tow? How do I go about being reimbursed for this because for all that I’ve paid in month after month, I’m sure I have funded several tow truck calls.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

4 years ago

You may find information here
https://www.att.com/features/roadside-assistance/
It is required that you have your phone in order to make a claim. I didn't see anything about reimbursement oh, you may have to call AT&T to ask about that

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

4 years ago

AT&T Roadside Assistance:

Specifics:
• AT&T Roadside Assistance costs $2.99/month per enrolled phone. Charges will be automatically billed to your AT&T wireless account.
• Coverage is active 24 hours after enrollment.
• Membership benefits include up to four service events per calendar year, with a $75 maximum benefit applied to each service event.
• AT&T Roadside Assistance is linked to the subscriber’s enrolled wireless phone. The subscriber must have the enrolled device on-site and must provide the enrolled wireless phone number, including area code, when calling for assistance.
• Membership benefit covers light-duty passenger cars and trucks only.
• Membership benefit is not valid when operating the vehicle off-road.
• You can cancel your membership at any time. Just log on to the MyATT app, go to your wireless account at att.com/myatt, or by calling 800-331-0500.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.