Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
Just4Thought's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 13th, 2019 3:47 PM

Lack of Roadside Assistance and Customer Service 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I am in complete shock after calling in to the 3rd party #HELP call center. My mother who is 60 years of age was car broke down so she asked if I would call the Att RA to get her some help. I am praying that ATT can get a copy of the call. I was lied to on several occasions, disrespected, was refused when asking for a manager. I ended up picking her up whilst trying to get a tow in the process of dealing with this Representative for about two hours. The vehicle ended up being towed by the police. I’m disgusted, appalled ,and utterly disappointed with the treatment of a customer. Especially, when contacting a representative of a company being paid to assist in an emergency situation and instead of help receiving the exact opposite. If anyone knows of a better place to file a complaint please Reply. 

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Roadside Assistance is provided by The American Traveler Motor Club for AT&T customers. AT&T has nothing to do with your experience, and doesn't have a record of the call. Call 877.263.2600 to reach ATMC and complain.​

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

You get what you pay for.  Roadside assistance is only good for $75 each time.  That will tow you about a 1/4 mile around here.  There is a reason AAA has so many members. 

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

If you picked her up it sounds like you were not in the vehicle when it experienced mechanical difficulties and needed a tow. Does the roadside assistance program cover drivers who have family members who subscribe to the service but are not in the vehicle when it breaks down?

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Rscarol I didn't want to get into why OP had so much trouble, but you're right. Per AT&T: "This Roadside Assistance program is a service provided by The American Traveler Motor Club for AT&T customers. It follows the subscribing wireless device, not the vehicle. You must have the subscribing device present." Since the mother didn't/couldn't call, and OP wasn't there with a phone, the tow couldn't be done.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.