For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
ridgekarma's profile

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 6:57 AM

I miss ATT Unlimited data (sad face here)

ATT used to give me a data plan that was 'unlimited'...then , one day, about ...what , 2 years ago? , it switched to this horrible, horrible thing I have now that bizarrely tells me I'm part of a 'group' that apparently is sharing data or something, and when I (inevitably) go over the miniscule 3 gigs of data, it kicks off email and text notifications....I HATE this...yet, the plan I have pricewise, is nearly identicle to what the Unlimited plan was...Why did ATT do away with unlimited data?? Please bring it back!!! Thank you for your time. 🙂

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@ridgekarma wrote:

ATT used to give me a data plan that was 'unlimited'...then , one day, about ...what , 2 years ago? , it switched to this horrible, horrible thing I have now that bizarrely tells me I'm part of a 'group' that apparently is sharing data or something, and when I (inevitably) go over the miniscule 3 gigs of data, it kicks off email and text notifications....I HATE this...yet, the plan I have pricewise, is nearly identicle to what the Unlimited plan was...Why did ATT do away with unlimited data?? Please bring it back!!! Thank you for your time. 🙂

In case you never know, the "unlimited data" plan was "grandfathered" in, and AT&T would have allowed to keep unlimited data plan. I don't think AT&T will bring back unlimited, now there is Mobile Share Plan with various GBs of data which allows "tethering" while unlimited do not.Smiley Wink

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

9 years ago

I got changed with know input....just changed ....if I remember right....I
wouldbhave never willingly given up unlimited

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

the unlimited data plan throttles to 2G speeds after 5GB of use on an LTE phone anyways, it's not worth it anymore especially if you're on a mobile share plan currently. 

Granted there are no overages (it is unlimited) you will be able to use your data at full speeds, all the time, on the Mobile Share Value Plans.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@JFizDaWiz wrote:

the unlimited data plan throttles to 2G speeds after 5GB of use on an LTE phone anyways, it's not worth it anymore especially if you're on a mobile share plan currently. 

Granted there are no overages (it is unlimited) you will be able to use your data at full speeds, all the time, on the Mobile Share Value Plans.

For now.  The FCC is dealing with this issue.  Hence the reason Verizon back off throttling there LTE data.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades, so I'll give you credit for that but Verizon can't throttle because of the spectrum they use for lte. They would get crushed in court if they even tried, although they can set limits they can't limit unlimited data like AT&T does on my unlimited data plan.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

The FTC and the FCC are all over AT&T regarding the throttling and are suing them.  To date, it doesn't look very good for AT&T.  It' seems they've tried to give us a whole new definition of "unlimited" with the restrictions imposed and are being sued for throttling.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Are wireless plans now governed by the FCC? Thanks for any update

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

They always were 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. For those of us who have been misguided http://techin.oureverydaylife.com/federal-regulation-cell-phone-companies-17701.html by inaccurate information:

-the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)--does not regulate the business practices of private cell phone companies such as Verizon, AT&T or Sprint. This means that the federal government does not oversee the terms of contracts or services that these companies provide to consumers. The government does, however, monitor the safety of the devices sold by these companies, in addition to handling wrongful business practice claims against them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.