Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get the myAT&T app

AT&T related help: Access voicemail

Smitty Jones's profile

3 Messages

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 3:09 PM

How to automatically forward voicemail?

When I get a wireless voicemail, I need to automatically: - Forward the V/M - preferably to other cellphone, OR to email, text, or whatsapp. OR - Send me an alert to email, text, or whatsapp.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

25 days ago

That's not how it works. 

It is not possible to just forward the voicemail automatically.

You can set to forward all calls. Or you can set to forward when calls are not answered (conditional call forwarding) 

This will forward the call.

If the call is forwarded under either circumstances it will be picked up by the voicemail assigned to the other phone line. 

I have two phones that I use for business and personal. I also have a common Google voice phone number. I use my Google voice voicemail for both. 

Both are set to conditional call forward to my Google voice number.  They get the voicemail message, and can leave a voicemail on my Google voice voicemail box.  I can pick up these messages from either phone or online, or even access through my email 

3 Messages

24 days ago

Thanks.

I think I'm going to try the YouMail app on my iPhone.  It claims to be able to automatically forward voicemails to another phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

24 days ago

I tried youmail.  It's a substitute for carrier voicemail.   It forwards your calls to voicemail. It does not forward voicemail.

Just like Google voice it makes your voicemails available on other devices. Any device you sign in with your Gmail account 

You mail does have a couple of other features, not that any of them worked very well

I recommend you read all the information on youmail. Including how to deactivate it if you don't like it. 

(edited)

3 Messages

22 days ago

Thank you.  I'll check it out.

1 Message

12 days ago

For what it's worth, you can have Google voice send you an email when you get a voicemail.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.