For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
T

• 

9 Messages

Monday, March 23rd, 2020 5:53 PM

Can't access free HBO Go with Unlimited Elite

I just upgraded to Unlimited Elite. I downloaded HBO GO app and tried to sign in. I even received a text telling me that I can "start enjoying HBO" with instructions. When I try to sign in, I get the message: We're having trouble verifuying your access to HBO GO with your TV Provider". I selected AT&T Wireless/WatchTV as my provider per the instructions texted to me.

How do I get access to HBO GO???

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, after spending 14 hours off and on with this, it's finally resolved. The texted instructions from AT&T doesn't work. After doing a live chat, got someone to walk me through signing in AT&T TV NOW - he walked me through selecting one of the plans but we did not put in an credit card billing info - he wanted me to create an account but when I put in my email address, it said that email already exists but I proceeded with my password. He then did something on his end to add the free HBO. Then I logged into HBO Go selecting AT&T TV (not AT&T Wireless / Watvh TV per texted instructions) and had to create a userid.

Hope this helps someone. But you do need to have someone do this as they have to add it on their end to give you access.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

Glad it worked for you but that’s not how it’s supposed to work with the Elite plan. Getting an ATT Now account was the process for previous unlimited plans. You are supposed to be able to access HBO Go with your wireless account credentials. No guarantee others will have the same success you did. I presume you signed up for a free trial on ATT TV Now. Hopefully, your HBO Go access keeps working after that trial ends.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

9 Messages

Thanks, Sandblaster. I hope so, too. The AT&T rep via FB messenger walked me through this method. So I hope it works for the time I have Unlimited Elite. It is ridiculous that many of us with the Unlimited Elite can not access the free HBO with the instructions texted to us from AT&T. It shouldn't take a customer several hours to get access once receiving a text congratulating us that we now have access.

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

This worked for me, copied from another forum:

ok just got it fixed i was on a call with them. so what you wanna do is go to attwatchtv.com/verify then text that number with the word. then on the web page it will say activate now on that web page you will setup your login info then log in to hbo go with that info you just created. also if your hbo go is like mine it kept trying to log in my att account info that i normally enter so i deleted the app and reinstalled. also choose for provider with hbo , attwireless.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.