For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
arr1552's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, January 4th, 2024 6:42 PM

Apple Watch and Value Plus plan

I purchased an Apple Watch with GPS + cellular directly from Apple. When I try to add the watch to my existing AT&T Value Plus plan I get a message saying “additional lines can’t be added to this plan”. 

I was under the impression that I could add the watch to the Value Plus plan for $9.99 a month. Is this plan incompatible with the watch? 

Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 months ago

Nope.  

The value plus plan is a single line. One phone. Nothing else. You have to move up to the starter plan to add a $10 watch line.  Or you can use the watch as a Bluetooth only device.

2 Messages

4 months ago

Closing the loop here in case helpful to others, I called AT&T and was able to add the watch for $10 a month and keep my existing value plus plan. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 months ago

You might want to check your bill. I guarantee that's not what happened 🤣

Either they moved you to the starter plan, or they put the watch on its own plan which may cost you $60 a month. If they put the watch on its own plan (at any price) you will not be able to connect it as a companion device.

(edited)

ACE - Scholar

• 

986 Messages

4 months ago

I would have gone with the Value Plus a few years ago if I could have added a cellular watch to it.  It would have been easy money for ATT if the Value Plus plan was changed to just 1 PHONE line on the plan.

I ended up putting my main phone number on another carrier's prepaid plan that supported the Watch.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.