Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 7:58 PM

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I received my new iphon3 5 today and I am not picking up my microcell signal.  I have restarted me phone and no luck.  All other phones still receive the signal.  Any suggestions?

winterfl

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

8 years ago

Try disabling LTE? Obviously not ideal, but would be interesting to see if that fixes it.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Disabling LTE does not help.  Been on the phone with AT&T advanced support for over an hour and they are lost.  I received 3 new iPhone5's today and all of them fail to connect to our Microcell, while older devices still do.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Having same trouble. ATT support has no idea what I'm taking about. They say "It should just work."

areyesrn

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

eh...mine isn't connecting.

winterfl

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

8 years ago

I've seen on other forums that iOS6 on iPhone 4S/4 also loses access to microcell.  Very odd.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Came to report the same. new iPhone 5, no microcell connectivity.

I literally have NO SERVICE show up in some areas of my home.

AT&T needs to address this IMMEDIATELY for users like us.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

8 years ago

Which forums are you referring to?  They may already have a solution.  I'm in the same boat.  No joy on my iPhone 5.  But works fine on my 4s, 4 and 3GS.

winterfl

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

8 years ago

macrumors, and, no solution.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The support rep I spoke with said it could be a problem specific to activitaing a iphone 5 that has the same phone number as the "primary" on the Microcell device. Sometimes de-activating and re-activating the Microcell will fix that, but he also said that that process isnt working right now either and no update on when that will be resolved.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I guess we sit and wait this one out... Glad they at least know users are having an issue. 

I'd like to urge everyone who's affected to call up AT&T and let them know about the issue. The more calls they get the bigger they'll (hopefully) realize this issue is.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

+1 On the iPhone 5 and MC. This is a travesty you would think that ATT would have been proactive and tested before release. I have no signal and can't use the phone 😞

May have to go back to my 4S if ATT can't resolve. I'm a physician and must have mobile service at home.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just finished chatting with an AT&T rep who shed some light on the situation:

Microcell outages aside, the rep asked if my iPhone number was listed as the primary account. It is. She said that since the iPhone 5 has a new SIM card, you have to delete your number from the list and change the primary account to a different number on your list (which I can't seem to figure out how to do). Then when you reregister your own phone number, it should register the new SIM and connect.

It sounds possible, but I can't figure out how to actually do this.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

My iPhone 5 will not connect to my Microcell either.  I checked with ATT support but so far no feedback.  I am about to reach out to their chat support.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Also have an iPhone 5 that is not connecting to my microcell. I logged into the microcell management page, deleted the number on my microcell account (notthe primary) and then added it again. Restarted the phone and still no luck.

Get started...

Ask a new question