For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
F

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 2:08 PM

Microcell Activation

I bought a microcell on ebay and i'm trying to activate it, but the activation website sends me into a redirecting deathspiral which ends in an error message. i called AT&T support and they could not figure out why . they gave me a casenumber, but never called back or fixed it either. is there another way to activate the device?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

1. Are you an AT&T postpaid account user?
If not you cannot use MicroCell.
Was the MicroCell deactivated by previous owner?
2. Does the previous owner did not deactivate the MicroCell it cannot be activated on someone else's account. Contact the original owner and find out if they officially deactivated the device through their online account or by calling AT&T
3. Do not use the app oh, it does not work hasn't worked in years. You must use the online Activation Portal

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

@lizdance40 I need to get up earlier if I'm to answer these MicroCell questions before you :-)

@fritz89 answer the above questions and then get back to us. But at the very minimum, do not use the mobile app to register/activate. Use the web based portal instead. I also might add at this point that the MicroCell is designed for land-based internet service only (DSL, cable, or fiber). It is not designed for satellite or wireless broadband. It can work but is not reliable so AT&T and us do not support those types of connections.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

Or stay up late. 😉
I've been getting up as early as 5 am, which is 2 your time.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

I'm a regular wireless costumer, not pre-paid.

I do not know if the previous owner de-activated it, I can't get that far in the process to tell.

I am using the web based portal at www.att.com/att/microcell.

once i login with my AT&T id, it redirects and redirects and eventually says something about technical difficulties, too many redirects...

Tried it in incognito mode, cleared my cookies, tried on different computers, tried it on the browser on my phone, always the same message.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

Usually, if the device was not deactivated by the previous owner you will get an error message indicating that the MicroCell is registered to another owner. As a side not, the serial number of the MicroCell is registered to the account holder's post paid AT&T cellular account thru the phone number of the account holder.

You've already done what I would suggest (using web based access and not the mobile app, clearing cookies, etc). I would try a different browser because sometimes Firefox, Safari or what ever have issues with the portal and just switching browsers may correct that. There could also just be a technical issue with the portal and you'll have to wait. I don't think AT&T has stopped accepting registration/activation of 3G devices yet but I am looking into that.

If you need the MicroCell for poor in-home coverage you really should think about upgrading to WiFi-C if your phone is capable.

AT&T MicroCell Support is basically useless so your help options are limited. Who is your ISP and what kind of connection do you have?

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

• 

4 Messages

i tried different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Explorer).

I have xfinity, but I've tried it on my phone (not on wifi), no luck

unfortunately my phone does not allow use of Wifi-C because i bought it unlocked.

AT&T got back to me and said they would have it resolved in 24 hours.

i hope it works.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Any luck on this? Just today I got a MicroCell from ebay and am having the exact same issues as you, unable to make it through the activation process. I've tried Chrome, Explorer and Safari with varying results, none successful.

Where I worked four years ago I set one of these up and it worked flawlessly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.