For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
syclick's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Friday, September 26th, 2014 11:16 PM

Upgrade Eligibility not reverting back after cancelled iPhone 6 Plus preorder through Apple.com

I'd preordered an iPhone 6 Plus through the Apple.com website, then cancelled it because I was going to camp out overnight for launch day. When I got to the front of the line, my upgrade eligibility had not reverted back, and I was not able to upgrade to the 6 Plus. I walked away empty handed and livid.

More than a week has passed since then, and my eligibility has not reverted. I've called AT&T support several times, and I've even gotten a case number, but it doesn't seem to have done any good.

Even if I were to find a 6 Plus at this point, I still couldn't upgrade.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Currently on the phone again with them. They're telling me to wait. I got angry and told them I've called umpteen times already, and that I wanted escalation. I'm sick of waiting.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

Instead of calling them back I'm going to wait until Lorrey (or Lori) K. (I don't know if that's how she spells her name) contacts me back. She's the most helpful rep I've come into contact with since the issue started and the only one who contacts me twice a day to keep my spirits up. If she contacts me for a update before her shift is over (she's in Central time) I'm going to mention the "accelerated payment" the other person mentioned which help them. I don't want to pay and the problem remained unresolved that is my biggest worry.

For anyone reading this be careful when canceling a upgrade or upgrade on installments.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

After a very angry conversation with them, he said that his manager will be contacting Apple in order to get this resolved. He said I WILL be contacted tomorrow regarding this.

After everything that's happened, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

I literally just got off the phone with them (the rep contacted me). She said the department has been working on the issue and are waiting for the system to update (ha! doesn't take that long for the system to update the account!!!) **grrrrr** She said she doesn't work on weekends so she can't contact me about the account until Monday. Furthermore, the department who is handling my account is closed on weekends!!!!! I don't know how much I have left in me. I don't want to have a angry conversation because I may yell and I don't want to be considered as the "angry woman".

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I am the kind that never resorts to anger... But after this many phone conversations, I've completely lost my patience.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

So, I decided to do the "accelerated payment", even though it's not due until the 15th of the month, like the other member suggested. Before I did the payment the my line had green "Upgrade options" link under my the my line photo (on the main account overview page that shows the picture, phone number(s) and data usage per line on the account). After I paid the bill that went away (odd). I went to upgrade and it says "Sorry this line is not eligible for an upgrade at this time" and I need to pay off $749.99!!!

Now, I'm back on the phone with them..... Rep just said there are two open cases that are currently being worked on (different case numbers same issue...... umm, okay). Since I did the accelerated payment I'm worried if that will require a new case. Rep placed me on hold to review something and told me the case should be completed by Monday. She said she was flabbergasted that all the department had to do when they got the first case 2 weeks ago was put the installment plan back and the system takes 24 to 48 hours to reflect it for an upgrade. She said it should not have escalated as many times as it did.

I'm going to give this company benefit of the doubt and check Monday evening. I've been with them too long to start over with another company.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

So the rep I spoke to on Friday SWORE up and down that I would be contacted today, and that my issue would be resolved. It's now 9:30PM and guess who has yet to call? Smiley Mad

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T lacks in the communication department. Throughout this ordeal I've learned to get names and ID numbers. It's terrible these situations are not fixed. I'm at the point where I don't want the phone anymore. If I didn't have to pay a deposit to Verizon I would leave these people!

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Despite the lack of a phone call, my eligibility has FINALLY reverted back sometime in the last three hours. I'm guessing they didn't call due to how late it is.

Glad to finally have this resolved.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

Finally! Glad you got it resolved. But be 100% that it's reversed. They so called "reversed" my upgrade but when I go to upgrade I get the error message I can't. But if you can upgrade to the device you want without having to call them back then congrats! Took some time but it's over. Wish I could say the same

Sent from my iPhone 5s
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.