For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
syclick's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Friday, September 26th, 2014 11:16 PM

Upgrade Eligibility not reverting back after cancelled iPhone 6 Plus preorder through Apple.com

I'd preordered an iPhone 6 Plus through the Apple.com website, then cancelled it because I was going to camp out overnight for launch day. When I got to the front of the line, my upgrade eligibility had not reverted back, and I was not able to upgrade to the 6 Plus. I walked away empty handed and livid.

More than a week has passed since then, and my eligibility has not reverted. I've called AT&T support several times, and I've even gotten a case number, but it doesn't seem to have done any good.

Even if I were to find a 6 Plus at this point, I still couldn't upgrade.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I have a case number. They said they'd contact me within a week and a half, which is ridiculous. I haven't been contacted yet, and there are only a few days left.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah that's strange. I had them submit a ticket on Sunday and it's due tomorrow. He said they have to review your account and verify it's actually eligible and see what happened. Said they'll contact me by 9pm tomorrow

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

The rep did say it's bc you can't have 2 resets within a 12 month period, and causes the system to flag the account

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

2 resets per year? Seriously? And no one thought that would cause problems?

And what's more, if the account's been flagged, why have I never gotten any notification indicating as much? Everyone I've contacted at AT&T has been completely clueless as to what's up with my account.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I went through a couple reps, att store, then finally got someone on the phone that got their manager and knew what was going on. Yeah its a little ridiculous that it's that hard to find someone that knows what's actually happening.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

So it was on the phone that you finally got it resolved?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah I had actually called apple and they called att while I was on the line so i guess it helped that they couldn't just dismiss it that quick. Att rep finally got her manager.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I guess I better try that. Thanks for the idea.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Just checked my account, and it looks like I'm being charged the $40 upgrade fee. Robot Mad

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

12 days and counting.

The competition is offering some pretty attractive deals at the moment.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.