For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
1womanwondering's profile

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, March 12th, 2017 1:55 AM

call center locations

dear ATT,  I would like to know just how many call centers and support centers you have located in the United States?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

What do you do if evertime you call they don’t speak English. We both spent whole conversation saying what and can you spell that. Guess they don’t have a customer service department in US so they should not be allowed to sell their service here. Should only be allowed in the countries they paying 7 dollars a day and let’s see how much they make then

Associated Member

• 

200 Messages

5 years ago

We are a global company and have locations all over the world. In addition, in the states we have employees from all over the world. In my location (Ohio) with have people from different African countries, Pakistan, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, in addition to multiple different states within the US. This is to say, that even if you are calling and get a center in the US you are still going to be getting people with accents and where English may not be their native language. 

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t care what country they are from. I can’t understand them half the time. Are you listening? I know the only reason you hire people from outside the United States is to save a few bucks. What you don’t realize, is that it takes three times as long to get a problem resolved because of the language barrier. Multiply whatever you’re paying them per hour times three and then see if it pays to do that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just got to talk to call centers in the Philippines which was of course their service was down. So they wanted me to talk to the robot clown in the USA, of course I hung up after a few choice works and called right and the system working and never down. ***** The next person was a young man who was absolutely a pleasure, his system in same place was working. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED WITH KEEPING JOBS IN AMERICA ? ATT IS A COMPANY THAT WOULD RATHER PAY LITTLE TO NOTHING TO WORKERS IN THE PHILIPPINES THEN "MAKE AND KEEP AMERICA FIRST "  Time to get off your butts protest American telephone and telegraph of the Philippines.

[Please keep it courteous]

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

5 years ago

As of 9/27/2019, my estimate is ZERO actual tech support call centers located in the USA.  You can call customer retention who is USA based, or deal with a billing problem in USA.  But based on attempting to get transferred to an onshore domestic tech representative, and waiting over 3 hours multiple times and never getting connected and the fact that there isn't a single listing in the USA for tech support at a call center (even the tech support agents they list, if you read the description is just customer service), makes.  based on my calls  I'd estimate tech support is 90%philippines/10%indian.  

If there is a domestic representative his name is John...he works 1 hour a day, and "he's experiencing longer than normal wait times" (in over 10 years of uverse, I've never not heard that message).  but don't worry, John is definitely going to answer....any day now.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I tried hard to be patient, but literally four people could not understand a fairly basic and simple problem. Sim card in fedex was not mine, was packaged wrong.  Solution..go to store. Dude I live 105 miles from a store...

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Totally done with AT&T after having to deal with several customer service agents from other countries that I could not converse with. Totally ridiculous. One girl (sounded Russian) couldn’t even tell me where she was at. Really?? 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Where can I find information about the distance a person can live away from the call center and work for the company?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.