Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
SanAntonioDon's profile

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 16th, 2023 5:52 PM

Where to "verify my identity" after I set up my AT&T community account.

I joined AT&T community a few minutes and was welcomed as a new member but when I posted a question, I was asked to "verify my identity." I got an email from AT&T with a numerical code but see no place to enter it. Now what?

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Never mind. I obviously found it or I wouldn't be here. Seems AT&T doesn't make it easy to participate in their community forum. I hope I don't have to do this every time I want to post. Is there a way to skip it or opt out of receiving verification codes from AT&T to their customers with obvious AT&T accounts or was this "verify your account" a one time thing?

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for the info. Do you think AT&T could add a few more steps to make it a little harder to use this forum? Something like the VIN # of your aunt's car might be good. Seriously, however, I do hope I find some answers here when I need them. AT&T automated customer service available 8am to 4 pm for a call back is not very user friendly so I look forward to other users being more helpful. 

ACE - New Member

• 

637 Messages

1 year ago

Multiple steps are added to make it more difficult and less lucrative for the spammers out there to create accounts on the forum.

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Glad someone else out there also thinks this is a difficult forum on which to post as it's new to me. AT&T has gotten harder to deal with over the almost 10 years I've been with them. Fortunately, I haven't needed to deal with them often as their service has been more reliable than their stock. Their prices are going through the roof, however. For $339.00/mo. I could buy another car. I was told I'd get a "loyalty discount" in about a month if I call them and ask. It's like in a month I'll have become a loyal customer but I'm not now. Go figure. I dread my annual argument about their price increase and the discounts are rarely available until after they charge a huge increase for a month. Every representative seems to have a different story about increases and available deals. Last year I was given a much better price on my first try but then spoke to another rep who flat out said they would not honor it. They ultimately did but then they raised the price of the service to offset the discount. Today, after 2 months, I finally got hold of a Uverse tech who the prior tech told me wouldn't be able to do anything she hadn't tried. He spent two hours walking me through a way to connect my wireless DVR so it would stop losing its connection to the wired one. It's all about who you talk to. The moral to my story is that if you don't get what you need, keep calling. I've read that their customer base is shrinking. Maybe customer service will improve to increase retention and it also won't be so hard to post on this forum.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

1 year ago

Uverse TV is no longer being sold so there is no incentive for AT&T to offer any discounts on a service that is being phased out.  AT&T wants out of the TV business.

#2.  You don't have a WIRELESS DVR.  You have a wireless RECEIVER. 

Have you replaced the receiver that is losing connection?

Have you rebooted any of your equipment?  The wireless receiver?  The DVR?  The gateway/modem?

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

1.) I have heard that Uverse is being discontinued. The services included have been significantly reduced over the years including caller ID history but least the CNBC app is still there to follow stock investments. The price increases will ultimately end it.

2.) I am sorry not to know the difference between a WIRELESS DVR and a RECEIVER. That said, I shouldn't even have to know that if the service worked properly and consistently. I have had AT&T agents who were familiar with the term WIRELESS DVR as opposed to the WIRED DVR. I suppose there are several types of RECEIVERS.

3.) Yes, I have replaced the wireless receiver with a new one they sent me. It solved nothing until I finally got a competent agent who spent almost 2 hours on the phone today after many attempts over weeks to resolve the issue with obviously less competent ones.

4.) I have rebooted everything bootable time after time before even contacting AT&T and every one of the many times I talked to an agent. After 10 years, I've found reboot is the answer to most DVR issues. Restarting/rebooting the gateway/modem is the next most helpful - particularly with wireless security installations.

Thank you for your information but it didn't help me a bit.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

1 year ago

You're welcome.  😒

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.