Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Jal4950's profile

7 Messages

Friday, September 29th, 2023 4:26 AM

Closed

My Amazon Firestick is buffering and freezing on my television screen

Last month I received a letter inviting me to switch to AT&T Internet Air. I thought this was AT&T's way of informing me I needed to switch my AT&T cable internet plan to Internet Air while AT&T replaced cable in my area with fiber optics.

It was simple. They would send me the air hub to self-install, they would automatically cancel my AT&T cable internet and switch me over to their Internet Air plan. I agreed to do this thinking they needed me to make the switch.

It has been terrible. Any time I watch a sporting event, the screen turns fuzzy, and I get a lot of buffering. My AT&T Internet 75 cable plan did not have this problem.

I called AT&T to see what could be done about this and discovered I never had to give up my AT&T Internet 75 cable plan and AT&T Internet Air was another one of their department's soliciting customers to buy Internet Air.

Now I'm asking AT&T Internet to restore my Internet 75 cable plan back to me.

AT&T Internet Air should let their CURRENT customers know that this was a solicitation letter and not a required change that needed to be made by the customer if they were satisfied with their current AT&T internet plan. 

This would have saved me a lot of frustrating time looking at fuzzy and buffering sporting events.

7 Messages

5 months ago

"Tommyin2011"

I stand by my post.  My post was not titled:  "Air Hub" is terrible and you shouldn't subscribe to it."

It's "AT&T Internet Air Fooled Me into Switching from AT&T Internet to AT&T Internet Air."

AT&T sent a SOLICITATION LETTER that gave me and other cable subscribers the impression we HAD to switch from our AT&T cable service to their Air Hub service in order to continue service.  I was PERFECTLY HAPPY with my cable service and had no problems with it.  AT&T's letter should have noted this was a SOLICITATION and no change in service was necessary if one was pleased with their current service. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

5 months ago

👆👆👆👆. Chatbot GPT reply. 👆👆👆👆

ACE - Professor

• 

5.7K Messages

5 months ago

Nuke it!

1 Message

5 months ago

has anyone experienced a successful switch to internet air?

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

5 months ago

@Ironhar 

I suspect many have as ATT lists 97,000 ATT AIR subscribers as of end 2023, 4th quarter…

Considering the release date in summer 2023 has average of 15,000 subscribers per month.

Similar to T-Mobile and Verizon 5G home Internet, both of which have been out for some years with Verizon having 2.7+ million FWA subscribers and T-Mobile 4.2+ million.

https://www.statista.com/topics/8772/5g-fwa/#topicOverview

5G FWA: a growing market

FWA has been in limited use for some time, but 4G FWA is not fast or reliable enough to become a suitable replacement for standard fixed line broadband. With the speed increase 5G brings, 5G FWA could become a convergence point between mobile broadband and standard fixed line connections. Forecasts show there will be an estimated 71.82 million 5G FWA connections by 2026, and that 5G FWA could account for up to 21 percent of all connections by 2030.

(edited)

1 Message

5 months ago

@ my thoughts,

I agree, no human would use the word 'expeditiously' twice in one sentence. Or even once, for that matter. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.4K Messages

12 days ago

@my thoughts 

Your instincts were spot on. Was sneaking spam links and been there for months. I alerted the mods about that missed one.

In fact many responses were doing the same including a few minutes ago (hence why this old thread was pulled up)

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.