For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ethanedwards's profile

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 10:12 PM

New channel - Retroplex HD

I just noticed a new channel on the U300 tier. Retroplex HD, ch 1916 and the movie currently playing is presented in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Encore Classic, Encore Suspense, and Encore Black have also been added in HD.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 years ago

We've had 916 for a bit now. The HD version is new.  Thanks for the heads up.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

I just checked it out. I don't remember seeing it previously, but maybe I just ignored it while channel surfing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RetroPlex

U-Verse is not mentioned as a provider in the Wikipedia article, so it actually may be new as of today.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

9 years ago

also we got some more show time and encore channels in HD

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

I have U-450. Previously, the below-listed channels were only in SD as part of U-300 or the Movie Pack...remember that U-300 included the Movie Pack and U-450 included U-300.

Now, the following channels in boldface have been upgraded to HD. If the channel is not in boldface, it remains only in standard definition.

860 - Showtime Beyond

862 - Showtime Family

864 - Showtime Next

866 - Showtime Women

890 - Flix

906 - Starz inBlack

908 - Starz Cinema

909 - Movie Plex

914 - Indie

916 - Retro

934 - Encore Classics

936 - Encore Suspense

904 - Encore Westerns

942 - Encore Black

944 - Encore Family

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

I have U-450. Previously, the below-listed channels were only in SD as part of U-300 or the Movie Pack...remember that U-300 included the Movie Pack and U-450 included U-300.

Now, the following channels in boldface have been upgraded to HD. If the channel is not in boldface, it remains only in standard definition.

860 - Showtime Beyond

862 - Showtime Family

864 - Showtime Next

866 - Showtime Women

890 - Flix

906 - Starz inBlack

908 - Starz Cinema

909 - Movie Plex

914 - Indie

916 - Retro

934 - Encore Classics

936 - Encore Suspense

904 - Encore Westerns

942 - Encore Black

944 - Encore Family

I wonder if U-Verse has the largest percentage of SD channels that are also HD channels in both premium movie channels and all channels in general compared to other television providers.

In addition, does U-Verse have more premium movie channels in SD and HD than other television providers?

My third question is which HBO and Cinemax channels are present in SD on U-Verse, but not yet present in HD?

Perhaps some of the premium movie channels do not presently have HD versions.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

9 years ago

Not sure about questions 1 and 2 off the top of my head but to answer your third question, "Which HBO and Cinemax channels are present in SD on U-Verse, but not yet present in HD?" the answer is none Smiley Happy As far as I've seen U-Verse carries all HBO and Cinemax channels in HD and I'm also pretty sure they are the only provider to do so.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@joelifer wrote:

Not sure about questions 1 and 2 off the top of my head but to answer your third question, "Which HBO and Cinemax channels are present in SD on U-Verse, but not yet present in HD?" the answer is none Smiley Happy As far as I've seen U-Verse carries all HBO and Cinemax channels in HD and I'm also pretty sure they are the only provider to do so.

@joelifer : Maybe one day we will see all of the other premium movie channels on U-Verse in both SD and HD.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

860 - Showtime Beyond

862 - Showtime Family

864 - Showtime Next

866 - Showtime Women

890 - Flix

906 - Starz inBlack

908 - Starz Cinema

909 - Movie Plex

914 - Indie

916 - Retro

934 - Encore Classics

936 - Encore Suspense

904 - Encore Westerns

942 - Encore Black

944 - Encore Family

I wonder if U-Verse has the largest percentage of SD channels that are also HD channels in both premium movie channels and all channels in general compared to other television providers.

In addition, does U-Verse have more premium movie channels in SD and HD than other television providers?

My third question is which HBO and Cinemax channels are present in SD on U-Verse, but not yet present in HD?

Question 1 - I believe you're right. One of the stickies here has a chart of various providers and their HD content. For a while, U-Verse was battling back and forth with DirecTV on the total overall count. Assuming no one else has added any other channels since the chart was updated, U-Verse is the first provider over 200 HD channels.

Along those lines, I believe they have the most premiums in HD.

U-Verse has every HBO and Cinemax in HD. U-Verse and TW are the only ones to offer every Epix in HD (Epix Drive-In is only on TW, Dish and U-Verse and not in HD on any of those.)

No one offers Flix East or Flix West in HD.

U-Verse, Charter and Cablevision are the only ones to offer all Movie Channels (TMC) in HD.

----------

914 - Indie (apparenly only in HD on Dish)

904 - Encore Westerns (SD east and west coast feeds available...apparently no HD)

I believe all those channels from my previous list are offered in HD. I made notes for the above channel for things I found interesting.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

860 - Showtime Beyond

862 - Showtime Family

864 - Showtime Next

866 - Showtime Women

890 - Flix

906 - Starz inBlack

908 - Starz Cinema

909 - Movie Plex

914 - Indie

916 - Retro

934 - Encore Classics

936 - Encore Suspense

904 - Encore Westerns

942 - Encore Black

944 - Encore Family

Question 1 - I believe you're right. One of the stickies here has a chart of various providers and their HD content. For a while, U-Verse was battling back and forth with DirecTV on the total overall count. Assuming no one else has added any other channels since the chart was updated, U-Verse is the first provider over 200 HD channels.

U-Verse has every HBO and Cinemax in HD. U-Verse and TW are the only ones to offer every Epix in HD (Epix Drive-In is only on TW, Dish and U-Verse and not in HD on any of those.)

U-Verse, Charter and Cablevision are the only ones to offer all Movie Channels (TMC) in HD.

----------

904 - Encore Westerns (SD east and west coast feeds available...apparently no HD)

I believe all those channels from my previous list are offered in HD. I made notes for the above channel for things I found interesting.

@baseballisback : Thank you for your research and answers. It proves that U-Verse is the superior television provider despite not having the Hallmark channels. Smiley Very Happy

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

860 - Showtime Beyond

862 - Showtime Family

864 - Showtime Next

866 - Showtime Women

890 - Flix

906 - Starz inBlack

908 - Starz Cinema

909 - Movie Plex

914 - Indie

916 - Retro

934 - Encore Classics

936 - Encore Suspense

904 - Encore Westerns

942 - Encore Black

944 - Encore Family

----------

@baseballisback : Thank you for your research and answers. It proves that U-Verse is the superior television provider despite not having the Hallmark channels. Smiley Very Happy

Well, of course, it depends what you want.

If you're a big-time NHL fan, you might be disappointed in U-Verse.

If you're a fan of college sports, you might be ok with U-200 or U-300.

If you're a fan of movies or a certain premium channel, U-Verse might be ok, depending on which premium channel you require.

If you're a fan of low prices like I am, U-Verse's retention department is awesome...and the movie channels are a nice bonus. If they added NHL Network to any tier (preferably U-300 or U-200 and Sports Pack) and put Red Zone in their sports pack regardless of tier, I'd be happy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.