For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
aeh-tx's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 6th, 2010 5:16 PM

Digital Subchannels

U-verse in San Antonio, TX, carries only channel 9.1, the basic PBS programming on our local station, KLRN.  The station also broadcasts three additional channels: 9.2 -World;  9.3 v-me, a Spanish Language channel; and 9.4, a potpourri of interesting looking programming.  KLRN tells me that they have offered all four channels to u-verse at no cost, but only one was selected. 

I hope somebody in AT&T management monitors this message board

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

Those additional channels are called "digital subchannels."  AT&T does not carry them in ANY market.  The best you can do is to set up a digital antenna to get those channels over the air.

Scholar

• 

135 Messages

13 years ago

@aeh-tx wrote:

U-verse in San Antonio, TX, carries only channel 9.1, the basic PBS programming on our local station, KLRN.  The station also broadcasts three additional channels: 9.2 -World;  9.3 v-me, a Spanish Language channel; and 9.4, a potpourri of interesting looking programming.  KLRN tells me that they have offered all four channels to u-verse at no cost, but only one was selected. 

I hope somebody in AT&T management monitors this message board

Same here in Chicago. I put up an outside antenna and got a two-fold benefit from it. Got all the channels that the stations offer and it is indeed numerous. Second, the HD PQ is beyond anything U-verse provides(they are the worse hd pq service). Don't expect much from this company, they are TAKING AWAY CHANNELS, not adding them.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

KLRN has recommended the antenna solution, but it's a cumbersome nuisance and we lose the U-verse recording feature. Is this is a technical or an administrative issue?  Time Warner Cable carries all four channels here in SA.  It sounds like "Mother Bell knows best".

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

@larry11 wrote:

the HD PQ is beyond anything U-verse provides(they are the worse hd pq service).

You wouldn't make that statement if you had seen Comcast's PQ in the Houston area.  It's worse than web video.  Seriously.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@larry11 wrote:

Same here in Chicago. I put up an outside antenna and got a two-fold benefit from it. Got all the channels that the stations offer and it is indeed numerous. Second, the HD PQ is beyond anything U-verse provides(they are the worse hd pq service). Don't expect much from this company, they are TAKING AWAY CHANNELS, not adding them.

If that is true, why is it a fact that more channels have been added to the lineup this year than have been removed?

Scholar

• 

135 Messages

13 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@larry11 wrote:

If that is true, why is it a fact that more channels have been added to the lineup this year than have been removed?

If you make up the time frame.  Since I'VE had this bogus service, I"VE LOST MORE CHANNELS than I've gained. That's a fact!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

What date did you become a customer?

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

@larry11 wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

@larry11 wrote:

If you make up the time frame.  Since I'VE had this bogus service, I"VE LOST MORE CHANNELS than I've gained. That's a fact!

Then why not quit complaining and switch to another service that suits your needs?

Scholar

• 

135 Messages

13 years ago

A few weeks before AT$T pulled Hallmark

Scholar

• 

135 Messages

13 years ago

@kryptonite wrote:

@larry11 wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

@larry11 wrote:

Then why not quit complaining and switch to another service that suits your needs?

First, I hardly need advice from some AT$T fanboy. But I'll give you some advice-If you don't like all the posts complaining on how AT$T has screwed over it customers-DON'T READ THEM!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.