For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
RodB7811's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, October 12th, 2014 5:23 AM

Default Sending Account

I have both a Yahoo Email and an sbcglobal.net email and my sbcglobal.net account has been my default sending account for years.  In the last week when I compose or reply to an email it automatically comes from my Yahoo account unless I manually change it.  I obviously do not want that as it's an email account I don't use and others won't recognize.  Is this a current bug that is going to be fixed or do I need to start looking for a different email provider as there is 0 chance I'm going to manually change the email address until eternity?

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

9 years ago

I recently unmerged my AT&T and Yahoo Mail accounts.  After doing this, the problem is resolved. So, it appears that Yahoo has solved the problem but that the fix has not been pushed to AT&T customers yet. There is often a large lag. 

There is really no reason to keep the accounts merged.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

How do you "unmerge" the AT&T and Yahoo accounts?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I believe that unmerging AT&T and Yahoo email accounts is for accommodating users who have Yahoo email but no longer have AT&T service, i.e., they have disconnected DSL or Uverse.  Here's the link: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB418183#fbid=P9oGqT95vfJ

Guru

• 

498 Messages

9 years ago

@e424932 wrote:

2. In Full Featured mode, the To address of all emails says "me" instead of the email address to which it was sent.  There are two workarounds for this issue as well: (a) You can print preview the email, or (b) You can temporarily switch to Basic mode to view the email.  In both cases, you'll see the actual email address.

If you click  the "me" the first item in the pop-out menu is the email address it represents.  A painful prospect if you are reviewing 40 or 50 messages.

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

9 years ago

It is available to anyone who merged an existing yahoo account (with a primary yahoo.com email address) to one which uses any one of the various AT&T email addresses.  If you are only using an AT&T email address, then I don't know if it is possible (but may well be).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Has anyone heard anything else about the status of the issue being fixed?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Still waiting....

Sent from my iPad

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I talked with a tech support supervisor today about this.  His team has been told to stop escalating this "known issue" to Yahoo and there is no ETA for a fix.  He suggested that I post a compliant to ATT Execs at this address:

att.com/fighting4you

I'm dubious but did it anyway.  Maybe if enough people post it will get some attention.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I posted to the link you sent too, thanks for sending this.

How lame that they were told not to escalate this: that's akin to saying "We know it's broken but just stop bothering us".

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Looks like they FINALLY fixed this problem.  Both my initial messages and replies are now going out under the correct email address.  It only took almost 6 months!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.