For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
RodB7811's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, October 12th, 2014 5:23 AM

Default Sending Account

I have both a Yahoo Email and an sbcglobal.net email and my sbcglobal.net account has been my default sending account for years.  In the last week when I compose or reply to an email it automatically comes from my Yahoo account unless I manually change it.  I obviously do not want that as it's an email account I don't use and others won't recognize.  Is this a current bug that is going to be fixed or do I need to start looking for a different email provider as there is 0 chance I'm going to manually change the email address until eternity?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I pursued this issue with AT&T Customer Care.  Today, I received an email reply which read as follows:

I wanted to follow up and let you know I spoke with my manager and he was able to reach out to our Yahoo escalation team. Unfortunately at this time it is a known issue and they are currently working towards resolution. We do not have a workaround or an ETR.

Andy,
U-verse Social Media Manager

So it looks like we'll have to live with this issue until Yahoo resolves it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the info.  Not sure what's worse for the time being, using the old mail view and dealing with the stupid ad at the top, overall clunkiness or having to remember to change my email address every time in the current version of mail.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Have you heard anything further about this issue.  My email is still not working properly.

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

9 years ago

I happen to know that Yahoo is aware of this bug. So, I suspect that it will be fixed eventually.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

They were aware of it but much to my disbelief, Yahoo Mail Support posted in another forum that the problem was fixed (https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/210695-yahoo-mail/suggestions/6539004-default-sending-account-not-working-properly?page=1&per_page=20)!!!

As you can see from the replies in that forum, it's NOT fixed.  And I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about this.

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

9 years ago

Lets see.  There is usually a bit of a delay between a change to Yahoo Mail and the AT&T Version of Yahoo Mail.  I think that they are trying to reduce the lag.  Could also be that a fix has been made to the code, but it's not yet gone live.

Guru

• 

498 Messages

9 years ago

Definitely not fixed.  I sent a note to ATT Customer Care about this in mid-October, no response.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I've got the same issue in opposite.  I have @sbcglobal.net account and @yahoo.com account and want @yahoo to be default.  This worked smoothly for years.

I can see precisly after October 15th the default stopped working. (by scanning email headers in sent mail folder)

I've been through one 2 hour chat session and am now on hold with escalation team and they seem to be unaware of this issue.

ATT Support - DEFAULT SENDING ACCOUNT ISN'T WORKING  ... Please help!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Has anyone heard of this being addressed?  Still not working for me unless I switch to basic.  My interaction with AT&T has not provided a solution or recognition that this is a problem.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

My impression is that Yahoo is not exactly the most customer focused company.  And AT&T Customer Care has not been very responsive either. If representatives from either company are monitoring this forum, perhaps they could comment on this thread so at least that their customers perceive that their concerns are being addressed.

There are two existing problems with AT&T Yahoo Mail.

1. The default sending account still does not work in Full Featured mode for compose, reply, or forward email.  You have two choices for workarounds: (a) You can manually choose the email address that you want to send from every time, or (b) You can temporarily switch to Basic mode to compose, reply, or forward because the default send account does work in that mode.

2. In Full Featured mode, the To address of all emails says "me" instead of the email address to which it was sent.  There are two workarounds for this issue as well: (a) You can print preview the email, or (b) You can temporarily switch to Basic mode to view the email.  In both cases, you'll see the actual email address.

Both of these issues need to be addressed.  Your customers are demanding it.  AT&T and Yahoo, are you listening?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.