For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?

AT&T related help: Boost your wireless signal

Evreddy's profile

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, August 25th, 2022 2:33 PM

Cell Booster Pro registered but will not activate

Cell booster pro registered but will not activate despite following app & website instructions. Power light flashes. No other lights. No help from att tech support.

2 Messages

4 months ago

Thank you, yes it was the att app.  When I tried to register the booster with att, as per instructions witht he King booster, the website didn't even load

https://securec45.securewebsession.com/attsignalbooster.com/

I understand what you are saying about the cell reception, it is for an RV.  I am in a deep valley by a river. bad reception, 1 or 2 bars if I'm lucky

3 followup questions

1. how do I find what frequencies are available in the area that I am in?

2. how can I measure my reception other than the little bars on my phone?

3. how do I know if my phone is connecting to the booster? 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

4 months ago

@alumaman  I don't believe AT&T "registers" cellular boosters to their network anymore, at least I can't find any definitive information. The link you have is a dead one and hasn't worked for a very long time. The information given you by KING is also probably out of date.

If you are deep in a valley then probably nothing is going to work well unless you can elevate the external antenna, probably at least 10', the higher the better.

1. That is difficult without a cellular scanner of sorts that can scan and identify signal strength, bands, frequencies and direction. They can be expensive. You might want to contact KING or weBoost to see what they recommend. Some phones have a basic cellular identifier.

2. Reception is usually measured in dBm's and the basics are covered in my AT&T Cell Booster Tech Guide, as well as AT&T's bands/frequencies. Again, depending on your model of cell phone, the basic cellular reception information may be available on your phone, even tho I don't know how useful that is if you're not a technician. Different phones give the information in different ways. Besides, there is no way that I am aware of to force your phone to use a specific band or frequency other than changing it from 5G to LTE.

3. That is difficult unless the cellular booster broadcasts an identifier and the phone can display that as an alpha tag. 

What model of phone do you have? Have you tried to change from 5G to LTE or vice versa? Do you get the same number of signal bars with the KING off on your phone as you do when the KING is on? What does your phone indicate as the signal type?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.