Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

chidlebaugh's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 13th, 2010 1:20 PM

MVR Update and Install Date

Northern VA, MRV upgrade ordered.  Cost $0 (went through retentions).  Install Date May 29th.  The wait is longer than i would have liked, but the price is right 🙂

What about everyone else?

Scholar

• 

274 Messages

14 years ago

i got a rep that clearly didn't know what was up so i had to hang up. plan to try again shortly, hoping to get someone that read a memo or something.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

14 years ago

The good news:

Just got an installation appointment set up for tomorrow (5/14). 

The bad news:

They porked me for an extra $50 since I've only had service since January 2010.  That was unexpected.  Total was $209 with tax for equipment upgrade package, installation and the special "new customer bent over a barrel charge".

It also came with an additional 24 month commitment.

Looking forward to having the service though.

Scholar

• 

274 Messages

14 years ago

ok so i called back.  got a rep that was trained.  my upgrade is for tomorrow as well (5/14). Cost was $99 + $49 + tax. I've been a customer for a while (2004ish), so I avoided the $50 activation.  I did have to sign up for another 2 years as well, but that wasn't a problem as i don't intend to leave anyway.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

i spoke to a rep today who claimed that the website is wrong with regards to the national launch and multi-room dvr is only available in 3 states (i'm in TX). 

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

14 years ago

Call back, it's the CSR who is mistaken.  I don't know how many CSR's Directv has, but they seem to have a problem getting them all on the same page at the same time.

Scholar

• 

274 Messages

14 years ago

agree.  i had to call twice to get someone who had correct information. first lady told me summer.  second lady said 4 pilot states, 3rd time was a charm. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

14 years ago

the first one I spoke to said the system said to call back in 3 or 4 days, he was totally clueless.  I called back immediately after hanging up.  All I said to the automated/voice menu was "upgrade" when I called back.  Not sure if that helps get you to the correct department or not.

Scholar

• 

274 Messages

14 years ago

i said whole home dvr and that got me to the right group as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

i called back and spoke to someone who actually had a clue.  got set up for installation this weekend.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

14 years ago

Not sure if I just talked to the right guy, but I said "whole home DVR" to the computer, told the guy I knew the service rolled out today and I had been using the beta.  He said since I've had the beta I could just use the setup I already had.  I told him the wireless setup I've been using is hit or miss and I'd be interested in the DECA system. 

He told me they'd charge $49 to have someone come out so I asked if that included the hardware.  He said, "I'll take care of the hardware, $49 is all you need to pay."  I told him that sounded great... took my CC number and someone is coming out tomorrow evening.  So here we go... $3 a month and $50 install is perfect.  🙂

Scholar

• 

274 Messages

14 years ago

yeah that's not bad.  but my understanding is that they are turning off the existing beta service on 5/20 - so you really lucked out.  and i agree hit and miss with at least my set up.  worked perfectly one way, but needed to reset network services usually at least twice a night the other direction. 

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

14 years ago

So, what is this "$50 Activation" charge that user tulanejosh mentioned(implied as "additional" to the afore-rumored $99 + $49 cost for MRV). I don't like the sound of that:0(

I did notice that user dan1son was told by a CSR that he "could" use his current network setup since he had been participating in the Beta(which is what a LOT of us wanted to hear).

But I'm still a little confused as to whether if I call today, say I want to use my current network setup will it cost me a $50 "Activation Fee" and the $3/month. That was "unexpected"!!!!!:0(

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

14 years ago

It appears the $50 extra activaion fee is for us users who have had service for under two years. Since we are locked under a contract anyway.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

14 years ago

zwierns,

Well that WOULD make me feel better(since I've been with D* since 2004), but probably didn't make YOU feel better....ouch:0(

I'm getting some feedback from a TECHKNOWGUIDE in another thread and maybe he will confirm what you were told.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

14 years ago

Seems like it should be either the $50 activation fee or new 2-year contract, not both.  Oh well.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.