Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

drw123's profile

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 4:16 PM

PPV Events/Movies- can't see the price

Have what may be a dumb question about the price of PPV events/movies.

I have an HR24 connected to the internet. When I look at most PPV events/movies, I cannot see the price of the movie event. The only option that comes up is to record.

For example, last weekend, the Alabama/ Ga Southern ppv football game on 787-1. When I selected that, either before the event or even after it started, the only option I had was to "record". No where on the screen (and believe me I looked everywhere possible) was the price of the event (which was $34.95). Same thing happens on many PPV movies- I can record, but cannot see how much the movie actually costs. I even went online to the Directv guide, and couldn't even see the price there.

Am I missing something here?? How do I see the price? If I hit record, what happens- will I be able to see the price before I actually watch the program??

Thanks

Scholar

• 

345 Messages

12 years ago

Yes you can record PPV for free, it is when you watch it that they will actually charge you. At the point you decide to play it, the price will be displayed.

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

12 years ago

The missing prices in some locations is a recent thing and possibly is connected to the introduction of the iPhone and iPad apps.  When you record a PPV event, the actual purchase does not occur when you order that recording, it occurs when you select the program from your list to play back.  It asks you to confirm the purchase.

On my HD DVR, all of the prices are attached to the various programs in both the 125-200 channel guide and channel 1000.  I just checked a couple of programs on the 125 channels online and they also had the prices prominently displayed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

There should be a way to find out how much a PPV costs, before trying to watch. You know how much it costs, this info should be available anywhere....................

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.