Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

promizeone's profile

Contributor

Saturday, August 10th, 2019 9:06 PM

Tailgate Setup Steps

Afternoon, every year we have our annual tailgate event.   Each year it seems we run into issues setting it up.  Some years works great and some years I have to resort to Firestick.

Could anyone be kind enough to go through the setup for my equipment?

D12-100 receiver

Slimline Dish

LNB 4 output SL3K4NR1-01

As far as channels, I'm really only concerned that I'll get SEC Network, ESPN and CBS.  

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

That D12 is obsolete as DTV is shutting down the MPEG2 channels.  There are videos on youtube that may help in aligning the dish.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@promizeone wrote:

Afternoon, every year we have our annual tailgate event.   Each year it seems we run into issues setting it up.  Some years works great and some years I have to resort to Firestick.

Could anyone be kind enough to go through the setup for my equipment?

D12-100 receiver

Slimline Dish

LNB 4 output SL3K4NR1-01

As far as channels, I'm really only concerned that I'll get SEC Network, ESPN and CBS.  

Since DirecTV is shutting down the older MPEG2 SD channels, your D12 must be replaced. Contact DirecTV and ask about their free swap. You should get an H25 HD Receiver to replace your old D12. And you will also need to replace your dish LNB with a SWM (single coax) version, plus add a Power Inserter to power the SWM LNB. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.