Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

LPradetto's profile

Contributor

Friday, January 11th, 2019 11:28 PM

Program RC66RX for off brand sound bar with no code?

I've got an off brand soundbar, a MEGACRA, and I can't find a programing code for it. Is it possible to manually program the remote? Their directions will not work. I'm trying to check with the company for a code but they haven't gotten back to me yet. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

No, there's no way to manually program the remote to learn codes for your MEGACRA.  

Have you tried searching all of the codes?

Most likely you'l need a better universal remote, like Logitech Harmony.

Contributor

5 years ago

You can program your MEGACRA soundbar. 

1. Power on your soundbar

2. Press and hold "+-" buttons on the top seconds to enter to Remote IR Learning Mode, the LED appears RED light blinking.

3. Using your TV/Cable remote point to the Soundbar, and press the "Power" button, RED light stops blinking and press "Power"button again to confirm

4. Press the "Mute" button, light goes to GREEN, press the "Mute" button again to confirm

5. Press ine "Volume up" button, lights goes to ORANGE, press the "Volume up" button again to confirm

6. Press the "Volume down" button, lights goes to BLUE, press the "Volume down" button again to confirm

7. The TV/Cable remote can control the Soundbar (Power on/off, Mute/Unmute, volume up/down)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.