Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

elmofongo's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 12:59 AM

No On Demand support on new Tivo DVR (THR22) ?

I just got my new Tivo DVR (THR22) installed. I was under the impression from the following table:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/technology/tivo_receiver

that On Demand was supported on the new Tivo DVR, but all I see is Pay Per View (Cinema)

Can anyone confirm this?

Expert

• 

32K Messages

12 years ago

no, the TIVO does support Cinema Plus (aka On Demand), the TIVO does NOT support Cinema (satellite downloads) like the others HR2X receivers do.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

OK now I'm confused about all the different names for "on demand".

What I really want to know (and what I'm interested in) is the feature that lets you watch shows (not movies) carried by channels I already receive on a on demand basis. For example, past episodes of  "The Walking Dead" from the AMC channel.

Is that possible with the new THR22 box? I am already connected to a network via the built-in ethernet port.

Thanks

Expert

• 

32K Messages

12 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by elmofongo 

OK now I'm confused about all the different names for "on demand".

What I really want to know (and what I'm interested in) is the feature that lets you watch shows (not movies) carried by channels I already receive on a on demand basis. For example, past episodes of  "The Walking Dead" from the AMC channel.

Is that possible with the new THR22 box? I am already connected to a network via the built-in ethernet port.

Thanks

Yes. but it takes approx 24 hrs after the initial connection to the internet for this stuff to be available 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

OK looks like it just needed time.

Everything is there now.

Thanks

Expert

• 

32K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome.  Enjoy!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just finished a multi-day bitch session with the DirecTV folks, here is what happened to me.  I also have a THR-22 and until recently have not used On Demand.  When I finally tried it I got a 'not available' notification on screen.  Called tech support and was told I needed a Cinema Connection Kit (at a cost of $87.21 including shipping charges) to access their "free On Demand' capability.  Unit arrived, I hooked it up and it did not work.  Called tech again, this time got a gal who said I was shipped the wrong kit and would require a different kit for the TIVO receiver BUT that kit  had been discontinued and had not been replaced (???).  Lady said she would transfer me to supervisor and then promptly disconnected me!  Called back again and got another 'tech expert' who said original kit would work but would require a service call to make sure everything worked correctly with my THR-22.  Service Tech arrived at my business 3 days later (and on time for a change) and after checking out my system informed me that the kit WOULD NOT WORK, directly contradicting the 'tech expert' who had set up the service call in the first place!!  Hustled him out the door and called tech support AGAIN to get a refund on my now worthless  Cinema Connection kit.  Guess what?  I was informed that all sales are final and no returns/refunds are allowed.  I went 'nuclear' and after another 20 minutes of hassle, finally received a verbal authorization for a return and refund.  Forgot to mention that each and every tech made sure to make a sales pitch for their Genie DVR, implying that the TIVO unit (that they originally sold me) was an inferior product that should be replaced.  Hard to believe that as  wildly competitive as the satellite/cable/streaming/OTA business is that DirecTV would want to alienate a sizable percentage of their core  long time subscribers by not supporting their equipment in the field.  Don't bother contacting them about support for your TIVO.  Either buy their damned Genie or sign up with Time Warner those are your only choices. 

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10 years ago

You should had come here first.  The problem with the TiVO and the CCK-W, is that the TiVO lacks the interface to set up the CCK-W.  The work around is to set up the CCK-W using your PC/Mac then connect to the TiVO

Professor

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

The THR22 can be direct connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable, if you have a SWM system with the DECA BB or even the wireless version then you need a DECA home adapter connected to the coax to split off the Ethernet and feed it to the THR22 Ethernet port.  DTV may send one for free or you can get one from places like solidsignal.com 

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

When I got my THR22, only three channels showed up in the 1000 to 1999 range.

I was very upset, as I had been counting on being able to download programs from Channel 1889, the Anime Network.

This malfunction continued for about two weeks (much, much longer than 24 hours), then suddenly all was OK.

Hundreds of Video-On-Demand channels showed up in the 1000 to 1999 range.

Please post back here if it does not work for you after a few days.

-Joe

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.