Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

marioaulloa's profile

Contributor

Thursday, April 25th, 2019 4:39 PM

Regional sports package charge

I don't watch any type of sports. I need to cut down on my programming charges and I'm always getting charged for a Regional sports package, which is just under 9 dollars. What is this charge for (besides the obvious) and can I get rid of it. Like I said I don't watch any type of sports -nor do I care to.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@marioaulloa wrote:

I don't watch any type of sports. I need to cut down on my programming charges and I'm always getting charged for a Regional sports package, which is just under 9 dollars. What is this charge for (besides the obvious) and can I get rid of it. Like I said I don't watch any type of sports -nor do I care to.  

You can change to a package without the regional sports networks, such as Preferred Xtra. Just call DirecTV .... 1 800 531 5000

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

142 Messages

5 years ago

Preferred Xtra does not have regional sports networks so you will not have a RSN fee with that package

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Regional Sport Network (RSN) fee is for getting the professional sports teams in your market. You can check www.directv.com/rsn to see excactly which channels and teams are causing this charge.

To get rid of the fee you must change to a package that does not have RSNs. Normally that would be Family, Select, and Entertainment. Since the only difference between Select and Entertainment is 4 sports channels for the $10 more in cost, I would not suggest Entertainment for you.

If the channels you watch are in Choice or above, I would highly consider the Preferred Xtra package. This removes the RSNs, so gets rid of the fee, and adds in a few non-sports channels. It is also $2 less in base cost than Xtra, so without the RSN fee as well, it makes total closer to Choice. Since front line agents are unaware of this package, it seems to be a "retention" offer at this point. Call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 and when you get the voice system say "cancel" to route you directly. Wish they had this package many years ago, but at least it is now an option.

Contributor

5 years ago

I just spoke with DTV and they told me that Preferred Xtra still results in a Regional Sports Charge on my account. Has something changed? 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@PALA19 wrote:

I just spoke with DTV and they told me that Preferred Xtra still results in a Regional Sports Charge on my account. Has something changed? 

DTV rep was wrong. Call again.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.