Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Disneybonnie's profile

Mentor

Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 8:54 PM

Possibly Losing DirectTV Channels - ABC, ESPN, DISNEY and others

This is beyond frustrating and must stop. Today across the bottom of my TV a message explained how DirectTV may lose ABC, ESPN, Disney, Freeform and others. It is crazy that us customers may possibly lose channels we watch daily. We just went through this 2 months ago with CBS and other channels we watch. DirectTV needs to do something to make this stop before losing the channels or we will be forced to take our business elsewhere where the company fights for their customers. Ridiculous!!

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

Oh it probably will get settled soon but be prepared for another price increase. No ESPN3 and ACC Network either. 

• 

1.7K Messages

5 years ago

“You should refer to AT&T’s Terms of Service to understand their obligations to you as a customer.”

It’s one thing to have an occasional dispute with a tv provider. It’s another thing all together to sell packages with  contracts when it is your plan to dump channels and intentionally cause service disruptions. That borders on out and out fraud and hopefully one day will be settled in court.

Since I reuped in March Beinsports, PAC 12, Wfn and NFL Network and Red Zone have been dumped. Their have been two long service disruptions and my guess is you haven’t seen nothing yet.

Contributor

5 years ago

Last night I saw that we are now endanger of losing more programs and channels.   Is this a scare tactic or will this become the new reality?  As a business owner who relies heavily upon ESPN and other sports networks, this will not work for me.   I have been a faithful subscriber at work and home.  Please AT&T/DirecTV tell us what to expect, this matter is not only affecting my home the will impact my livelihood as well.  

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

5 years ago

its a scare tactic by espn/disney/abc

contact is coming to an end. they want you to tell directv that you will accept any price raise to keep those station

i am not ok with that.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

And it is becoming a normal routine as there have been more channels being removed by their owners this year then in the past.

Contributor

5 years ago

Here we go again. Directv vs. Walt Disney (ESPN). Before it was vs. Viacom and then Nexstar. Why are we as your customers always being held hostage over  the money disputes and just plain greed (at the customers expense)? You make the customers sign contracts that we have to live up to, but you can yank off of the air channels any time you want. It doesn’t appear you have to live up to your side of a contract. Also, it’s real classy that you are blocking warnings by stations trying to warn customers about impending removal of stations from your programming. Do you think you’re pulling something over the customers eyes? Why do you and the networks continually blame each other for the issues? We as customers are smart enough to know that both sides are equally at fault in these issues (with the customer being stuck in the middle). Remember there are other avenues to receive certain stations. With as much money as you charge the customer, one would think you would treat the customer much better than you do. I hope other customers are as tired of this as I am and would be willing to seek other ways to receive the same programming (thus lessening money made by your company).

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

Only the channel owners can remove the feed.  DTV can't do anything with a channels content let alone block warnings. The channel owners want you in the middle.

Mentor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Dispute or not there not dropping espn permanently that’s ludicrous to even suggest

Contributor

5 years ago

Sorry AT&T.  I stayed with you during the recent CBS blackout but if ABC/ESPN get blacked out I am done.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Since I was a little boy, I liked lots of stuff from the Disney franchise, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, and the Disney Channel. Allow me to explain each of these channels and why they are important to my life.

ABC (O&O TV STATIONS)
ABC is home to the best shows that I love to watch. Most of the shows I watch include reality competitions and game shows (both syndicated and evening) like American Idol, The Bachelor, Card Sharks, Celebrity Family Feud, Holey Moley, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune. Other shows include live sports programs like College Football and the NBA Finals.

Regarding Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune: I do not want the blackout to continue past November 4, to get ready for the 2019 Jeopardy Tournament of Champions.

ESPN (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC NETWORK, AND OTHERS)

ESPN is one of my favorite sports channels. With new features on ESPNews like betting odds, it has transformed my way that I watch sports. I hope when this agreement between Disney and AT&T has been successfully reached, we could get the new ACC Network on U-verse.

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS (ABC, FREEFORM, DISNEY CHANNEL)

The 25 Days of Christmas special (from 12/1 - 12/25) is my go-to place for Christmas festivities. Some of my favorites are The Sound of Music, Great American Baking Show, The Great Christmas Light Fight, Frozen, and the annual Disney Parks Christmas Parade. Without these three channels, I would not have the same level of magic than it is now.

DISNEY CHANNEL (DISNEY, DISNEY JUNIOR, DISNEY XD)

Since I was just 9, I became a fan of the Pokémon franchise. Without the Disney channels, it would be impossible for me to watch the Pokémon anime (in English).

NEW FEATURES

• Support for the new AT&T TV streaming service and set-top box
  • Addition of ACC Network for U-verse

I strongly urge AT&T and Disney to reach a fair agreement as soon as possible, no later than the end of this week.

Contributor

5 years ago

I’ve seen proof that you’re blocking warnings. Why would the stations block their own warnings? This is just as much Directv’s fault in these issues. I’m not for a moment believing what you tell me. Quit sticking up for Directv and stick up for your customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

Have fun when this happens to your next provider.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum we are not blocking anything. Right DTV wants to pass a smaller price increase to their customers so they are at fault for the channel owner removing their feed.

Contributor

5 years ago

Thanks for the helpful comment Shannon.  

There are a lot more options to DirecTV than there were when I started with them 15 years ago.

[Please keep it courteous]

5 years ago

I hope you all get a deal done with espn because I've been hearing end of September you all may cut them off we just got NBC back and Fox Now were going to be another two months with out espn comm'on man really how about you all get that deal done before you go cutting off the channels again because we would be with out ABC or Espn I would be very upset if that happens because you can not pick up espn on antenna and I would be missing some dang football. Get your acts together. Just thought I would start complaining earlier so maybe you all would get a deal done.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.