Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

Monday, March 16th, 2020 11:15 PM

HBO GO Login not working!

I called AT&T this morning to find out why my HBO GO free subscription was not working and they told me I needed to upgrade my plan. I upgraded my wireless plan to Unlimited Elite and my HBO GO login is still not working. According to my research on the internet, I need DirecTV support to fix this issue. Please help!

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

4 years ago

I believe your research is wrong. Directv has nothing to do with HBO Go unless you are trying to use your Directv login information to access.

This is what I found.

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

This is the Directv satellite forum. Directv Now is now called AT&T TV Now and it is a totally different service than Directv. In other words, Directv technical support can’t help you. Wish I could tell you exactly how to get that fixed but Directv is the wrong place.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 years ago

Hey! I was having this issue also, and have fixed it!!! It was a giant pain, but here's how I did it:

1. I noticed that although I had multiple services (cell, internet, and now the free TV), they didn't all show in the drop-down on the "Account Overview" page. I thought that was odd, so I used the "link all accounts to one ID" function to find all my login IDs. There's a "Start Here" link that will help you find them all. DO THAT FIRST. I apparently had five IDs, two of which were associated with my wireless ((Edited per community guidelines)???), another with internet, yet another for TV.

2. Once I combined them, I gave it a few days (~5) for the system to get its head out of its butt since I don't know how often the systems synchronize their info.

3. After the head-out-of-butt period, I was able to log into the HBOGO website with my new combined login ID and was able to stream video.

It appears that I created an HBO profile at some point (no idea when). If you get prompted to create one, do it, but you'll use your AT&T credentials to log in.

4. When I tried to sign into the HBOGO app, I used "AT&T TV" as the provider. The first time it failed with a "bad request received" error. I tried it again, and it worked. If it still doesn't work for you, maybe try clearing cookies or try logging into HBOGO from another browser.

That worked for me, but YMMV. I'm just a customer so I can't help beyond what I found through stubborn trial-and-error.

Good luck, friend!

(edited)

this worked, thank you!!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.